Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events and Updates

Re: Latest responsive update - feedback and queries

Hi @CheerBear - on your profile page your latest contributions should definitely be your latest posts - including if two of them were on one thread. 

On your profile I can see that there are 2 posts from last night on one therad - can you not see that when you look at your own profile?

Hi @s-jay - this is what I can see when I click on my profile to see my latest posts.

On mobileOn mobile

Desktop via mobileDesktop via mobile

It looks like they show the most recently posted in discussions I've participated in and not my posts. 

If I click on someone else's profile, it comes up with their latest posts. 

(Hope that makes sense - I could just be totally confused!)

Hi @CheerBear thanks! Those screen shots will be very helpful when I look more into it next week! Also to you and @BlueBay@Mazarita@frog@Appleblossom and @Teej: we just found out the latest posts box is coming back TONIGHT (overnight).

Cheers

Hi @s-jay I'm using an android laptop and Chrome.

I just wanted to say s-jay, and @Former-Member that I am so impressed with how positive and responsive you have been about feedback. It has been a very constructive discussion. It's very clear that you are really listening and not at all defensive - supurb qualities in anyone!

Can anyone let me know how 'Favourites' works. There's none there for me - do I need to add them?

Thanks in advance hive mind!

Thanks for the replies @s-jay and @Former-Member Robot Happy

@Former-Member @s-jay

Thank you 

'Latest posts' tab = 👍👍👍 

Hey @frog,

You can favourite a post/thread by going to post options and then selecting favourite - then these will appear in your favourites tab! Try it out and have a go 😊

Good morning, @Former-Member, @s-jay and anyone here interested in the forum changes. Smiley Happy

Thanks so much for bringing back 'latest posts' in the overnight changes to the site (and fixing a little spelling error).

For the next update to the site, which I'll affectionatley call 'version 3.0', I'm wondering if there's any possibility of the following further changes:

• open up the 'latest posts' box rather than have it under a drop-down menu, which is much more easily overlooked, especially by new members and those who tend not to explore further than what is immediately visible.
  • it would be great if both the 'latest posts' and the 'latest discussions' could be opened up boxes on the landing page of the 'lived experience' forum, with 'latest posts' prioritised at the top.

The reasons for requesting these changes are:

• I believe that 'latest posts' has been the go-to for members seeking to find who is online at the present time of reading, or the most recent time. It is especially valuable to those who are wanting or in need of immediate support on the forum, as well as enabling new members to identify and join in to discussions that are currently active.
  • In general, the 'latest post' section encourages 'real time' chat on the site, which is to many of us perhaps the most valuable aspect of forum life, and one that encourages a high level of interraction. This in turn gives rise to feelings of connectedness and 'family' on the forum. One of the best things about forum life over the three and a half years I have been here, is developing mutually supportive friendships that have grown over time and have added greatly to the quality of life for so many of us.
  • I suggest prioritising 'latest posts' above 'latest discussions', both in open boxes, because I believe the former is more effective than the latter in encouraging active participation of members. 'Latest discussions' are clearly very important, but many of those discussion threads are not very active yet, or may include one or two replies and then fade away, as the initial poster has received the responses they were seeking.

Thank you for your hard work on all of this, @Former-Member and @s-jay, and for being open to receiving feedback like this from members. Heart

I agree with you @Mazarita

It makes sense if poss to have these changes. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us