Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Notification troubles

Thank you also, I've sent another to IT though it seems the gremlins having a feast at the expense of my sanity + our efforts & time.

I just need to clear in forum notifications as coincidently the more accumulation the worse my phone functioning HTC Android 😨 😪😰💥

I'm forgetting to insert @Lauz & @ CheerBear Major brain fuzzle xx

Brain fuzzles happen to me lots @Sturgeon 😊

So you mean the number in red above the bell? If you want to clear them, you can click on the bell to remove the number itself (kind of like marking them as 'read'). They will stay there and accumulate unless you turn off all notifications, from my understanding.

It can be tricky to sort this stuff out but it can be sorted. I hope you can work it out so you can enjoy the forum more soon 🙂

Thanx @CheerBear it's that I need to delete them from actual list, I have over 100 notifications & as they mounted my phone functioning has been collapsing + space taken in phone.

I've tried multiple times with IT even those emails affected. Even if I do shut off notifications I need to clear the back log in phone to date - one should be able to  clear as one does with emails & txts so I would think.

The forum wonderful to connect to yet the adverse effect is that I'm being overwhelmed & losing accessibility - hugs xx 

Hey again @Sturgeon. Hugs for you for the overwhelmed feelings. My phone is super important to me for lots of reasons and when it is misbehaving I can feel very frustrated as well as overwhelmed by thought of needing to try and fix it and it potentially not working.

I'm not very techy but I wouldn't think the list of past notifications here would be the cause of your phone crash (I could be wrong though). From my limited understanding of this stuff, using the forum on your phone is like using any other website. I wonder whether it is coincidence that your phone is doing this since using the forum.

A couple of things you could try if you haven't already -

* checking your phone for an update. Sometimes my android gets a bit shaky when I haven't updated things.
* clearing cache and cookies - I have little idea how this works or what it is, but I know it can help clear up and resettle a phone that isn't performing well
* factory reset. Always a last resort for me as it means backing everything up and setting it all up again, but it can really help to have a fresh start.

If you're unsure how to do those things, a Google search including your HTC model, will help. You could also Google "fix HTC (your model) crash" for more ideas or to check whether there is a known/common issue with your particular phone.

I really hope something works for you soon.

Is anyone else still having trouble with notifications?  I don’t get emails because I turned them off but my notifications seem to be hit and miss. I’m getting some on time and others not for hours after.....I think. 

Is anyone having trouble with the like button? It doesn't  seem to be working or very sparingly. 

And also quick search isnt working  either. 

Not  sure id its the site or my phone but thought  id see if it was just  me 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us