Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Hyperballad
Senior Contributor

Intense therapy session

Well I am back from my therapy session after an intense week. I just let it all out crying and sobbing and saying that I couldn’t do this anymore and that I’ve tried and tried. It was a deep place to get to but afterwards I felt grounded again. It was good to let all that out as terrifying as it can feel to do.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Intense therapy session

Hi @Hyperballad,

Thank you for sharing, and good on you for taking part in therapy after such an intense week. Especially with going to such a deep place and feeling such immense feelings, but then coming out of it and feeling more grounded in yourself. It sounds like you really benefited from the session.

It can be such a beautiful thing when we find the right type of mental health professional and therapy style that suits us and meets our needs.

Good luck with everything and take care,

defaultusername

@Hyperballad emotions are meant to be processed.  i was told growth is painful.  I think it was Shahida Arabi that said you have to go through the pain in order to heal. Gabor Mate mentioned it as well, he spoke about veterans who suppressed their emotions.. well, it catches up with you eventually.  We are designed to process emotions in a safe environment where your experiences are validated.  That is the prescription to heal...

@Hyperballad - congratulations on letting it all just hang out.  Without being able to afford a psychologist myself right now it's taking me longer to process what I'm going through so I'm so glad you've got that support there.  You totally did it after such a massive week, you should be proud of yourself.  I know it's hard though, but we're all here for you. xo Rose

@RoseGeranium Thank you 🙏 I really did let go - crying, sobbing, I felt like screaming. It’s a tough place to get to … all that pressure. I hope it helps with my recovery.

ive felt a combination of agitation and groundedness after it today. 

I’m glad I’ve found this forum because the support and connection with others is good and new to me. I hope I can give something back in return for that support. 

It is so good to hear you find the connection helpful @Hyperballad .

We want to be here to support you. 

People in the forums are real people with real experiences.

@Hyperballad so glad to have been of some help!  @scruffypuffball is right: if you don't let it out, it will really build up.  I've been doing art therapy today and talking to friends about my own grief to get through it, forgave myself for feeling awful then just let myself cry this evening because it has to get out.

I'm like you, I feel so much better for the release.

Love Rose.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us