Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Professional help for childhood sexual abuse

Hi @Former-Member 

i have just looked on google and CASA is a Victorian based organisation eith offices in different parts Melbourne and also country Victoria. SECASA is in south eastern Melbourne. 

Maybe if you google support for childhood abuse you might find something in your area. 

Good luck. I hope you can get some help. ❤️❤️

May just be the way I'm searching @BlueBay but there doesn't seem to be that kind of support here in Queensland that I could get to

Thank you too @BlueBay. I think of you also.  I'm not on the Forum much,  so only respond when I've been mentioned.  I'm  hibernating at the moment.  Am doing OK.  Flat line but no depression,  so that's good. 

Hope you are going well. 

Hey @Former-Member have you looked at Bravehearts  xx

@BlueBay I haven't come across the organisations you have mentioned here, Thankyou for sharing.

I have been seeing a counsellor for some years now. She has been counselling trauma survivors of early sexual abuse for over 40 yrs. she uses a method called Narative counselling. 

Like everything it works for some and not others.

I'm happy you are finding some help working through this organisation. All the very best. You deserve it.

Hi @Maggie

thanks for replying. Can I ask whst is narrative counselling. Is it tslking about the abuse?

I’m pretty sure that CASA is only in Victoria but I could be wrong. SECASA is based in south eastern of Melbourne but covers a lot of areas. 

Intetested to know how long have you been having counselling?  ❤️

ways of working, let’s quickly summarise what we have considered so far:
Narrative therapy seeks to be a respectful, non-blaming approach to counselling and community work, which centres people as the experts in their own lives.
It views problems as separate from people and assumes people have many skills, competencies, beliefs, values, commitments and abilities that will assist them to change their relationship with problems in their lives.
Curiosity and a willingness to ask questions to which we genuinely don’t know the answers are important principles of this work.
There are many possible directions that any conversation can take (there is no single correct direction).
The person consulting the therapist plays a significant part in determining the directions that are taken.
It seems appropriate to begin any exploration of narrative therapy with a consideration of what is meant by the ‘narratives’ or ‘stories’ of our lives.

@BlueBay The above is a summary of narrative therapy. If you google, it will give you a broader picture.

Im heading into my 14th year with this counsellor. My background is extreme, it doesn't usually take this long. I was also a late starter.

Hi @Maggie thanks for explaining. I will google and read a bit more. 

I’m coming up to 10 yrs of therapy and I too was a late starter. Was in my 40’s when all this came out. 

It’s a long road isn’t it. Sometimes I feel like giving up but I know I need to release all my psin snd tslk to someone. 

It really takes a lot out of you when tslking about childhood abuse. It’s so emotionally mentally and physically draining. 

Hugs ❤️

@BlueBay I too was in my 40 when I started remembering. It can only be done in small doses. Yes, so very draining. I often stop to smell the roses along the journey, it's through exhaustion mostly. Take care. 💕💜💜

X

X

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us