Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self Care Activities

Thank you SSSOOOO much for sharing all these! They are great!

Reminds us all how important self-care is.

BPDSurvivor

@Eve7 @outlander @Shaz51 @The-red-centaur @StuF @MDT @WIP 

Hi @outlander and anyone reading, interesting question that I haven't thought about for a while, though I know I do have self-care habits, along with other habits not so good in my own estimation. Let me see, keep it to three off the top of my head...

Moments of breath awareness, deep breaths and slow exhales, throughout each day, to help with my feelings of being overwired a lot of the time.

Being open to and encouraging smiles and laughter in myself and others.

Tuning in to the music of the birds.

Thank you @outlander  & @Shaz51  for tagging me. 

I walk everyday, but sometimes I sit on a log & notice the sky, the trees & the leaves, the birds & the bugs, the ground beneath my feet & the breeze & warmth from the sun - & I realize what a wonderful place this planet is 🙂 

My puppies are my life, my best friends & closest family - when I see them happy, wagging not just their tails but their whole bodies, because I've given them a treat or taken them to see something new . . . it makes me happy too 🙂

I've been going away for little trips for years now, having something to look forward to is a life-line. I think I enjoy the planning & packing more than the actual trip 😉 The reason to buy a couple of little extra treats & put them aside for a specific time, the challenge of stepping outside my property boundary & letting myself feel excited not frightened about it! Having the choice about where I'll go, what I'll take & how long I'll be there is empowering. 

Fizz
Bushfire Community Ambassador

I love being out with the residents here at the sanctuary - it's always relaxing to sit with the chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, sheep and just forget about the world beyond the front gate for a little bit 

Hi @outlander . Thanks for starting this thread! 

My favourite self care activities are:

- Knitting

- Crochet

-Cross stitching

- Listening to music

- Drawing 

- Journaling 

- Having a warm shower with lavender shower gel

- Going on Facebook 

- Taking photos

- Sleeping

I hope these help!

Judi9877

despite my extremely high anxiety and chest discomfort i took myself for two walks today

one with the dog and one on my own 

that's an achievement for me especially after the bad day i have had 😞

Love this how Cool is this Thankyou so much @Snowie 

What a find Thankyou so much for sharing Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content) 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Love this @Exoplanet  i too like when possible to have trips away in our camper van. 
Also like you I think it is more the thought of the trip than anything else.

i love everyones self care things 🙂 i hope its giving others ideas on what to try out too 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us