Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Feeling relieved tonight. Had our car assessed this afternoon for the storm damage and they are going to fix it. (I was worried they might write it off). It is over 6k worth of repairs to be done though. I saw an older lady burst into tears when she was told her car would not be fixed 😢

Feeling run down and teary myself at the moment so I probably would have done the same if our car had been written off.

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

That is a lot of damage to your vehicle @Determined. Did they indicate how long the job would take?

10 to 12 working days @Former-Member

Lucky we are now in town and I can walk most places. 

There's always the push bike @Determined or fast track the middle age crisis purchase 😁.

LoL @Former-Member licence booked in for 4 weeks time. (We have to do a driving course in qld to get a bike licence). After that it is 3 months of having a licences person follow behind before another driving test so February next year before I will be fully licensed. 

Dusting off the push bike as we speak lol.

That's a nuisance about your car being damaged and the time it will take to be repaired @Determined. Try to take care of yourself. Hope you get to spend some nice family time this weekend.

Spending the day at a beach side waterpark @soul. Mum and sister have joined us with their little charge so looking forward to a nice family time. 

@Determined

Thinking of you this morning.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend @Determined and that the coming week will be a good one for you.

Thanks @soul @Former-Member

Yesterday was a lovely day. finished with a pop unfortunately and today was a bit bumpy.

Currently an uneasy truce hanging over the house 😞  After the lovely day yesterday I let my guard down and got burnt (emotionally) in the process.

Great message at church this morning about being grateful in all things... it was right on cue and just want I need at the moment to keep me going. 

I am looking forward to my final exam for the year being over in 2 weeks tomorrow so I can take some time out. The course for my bike licence is in 4 weeks, I am really looking forward to that.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us