Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Has been an ok day today @Former-Member

Dark clouds on the horizon though 🙁

Mum in law has passed another threshold re health.

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Oh @Determined so sorry to hear that. 

Darling cycling between teary and tender to angry and .....     At least she is talking about things to me.

S2 has worked out where things are headed and a bit the same .   Had a discussion with him about it last night after he came back from visiting mum crying.   Going to have to talk to S1 over the weekend about it all. 

As hard as it is @Determined the children will appreciate it in the long term.

My parents had a policy they would never teach us what they would have to "unteach" .

@Determined, lots of love and prayers from here.

@Determined  do you have the 'walking on eggshells' book? Was wondering if that gave any tips on BPD and bereavement. 

@Determined

Being practical ... but thinking of you a lot.

@Former-Member

I have the e-book version but it (the book e-format)  is useless and I have never been able to get into it. Not able to search or skip pages but have to go to each page forward and back consecutively. I really do need to get a hard copy. 

Mum in law went to hospital by ambulance this morning. 

Hospital Dr's have decided it is blood sugar related and everyone seems excited by the result but I am not convinced and finding it all very hard to cope with.  Mum in law gave me a big lecture at the hospital about not being so anxious and upright. This did not help. 🙁

I was not going to go in as concerned I would fall apart but she insisted. Sounds harsh but wishing now I had not.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us