Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Thanks @Former-Member I appreciate that. 

Feeling a little better after a nice meal. No doubt it will be another sleepless night tonight. 

Unfortunately no one I can really talk to in real life at the moment, particually about mum inlaw.

I will try and book an appointment with uni councillor next week if there are any spaces available.

What I really need at the moment is a good cry but spent so long supressing that I dont know how to any more. 

Hope things are ok for Mr D tonight.

Saw on the other thread things were less than ideal this morning. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

On the bright side looks Like insurance will let me keep my car (for $1500) as it is still drivable and road worthy and I should have enough change from the payout to get the bike I want and darling the oven she wants. So a blessing in disguise.

It still upsets me they won't fix it though. It is still a good car. 

Who was it that said life wasn't meant to be easy? I don't think it was meant to be this hard either! 

I know you probably don't feel it at the moment, but I really admire your way of looking at your life. 

You are thinking you will fail this exam, but you still are looking on the brighter side by saying,  well, at least I've already passed. 

Sometimes when everything gets on top of you, you just need a bit to say to yourself, right, its not the plan, but I can do this. It mightn't be pretty, but ot will be done. 

Hoping things are not so bad tomorrow for you x

@Determined

Sending ever so gentle thoughts your way. 

Another positive for today

After not touching it in well over 12 months darling has dusted off her road (push) bike and serviced it and getting it and my bike ready so we can go riding together next week after my exams are over.  Just hoping she can keep some balance this time round. 

Really don't want to see her go back to doing 2-300 km per week as that was not healthy or sustainable. If she can do it for pleasure (she assures me that is all she wants now) then it will be great for her. She also now has our exercise equipment set up in the garage to work out with a friend. 

Hoping this will give her something to focus on when things really start to go down hill with her mum. 

Working hard at finding the positives at the moment as is so easy to dwell on the negatives and fall into that big black hole :face_with_rolling_eyes:  it definatly helps. 

@Determined

While finding things to be grateful for is often necessary Bro, here for you in your grief too.  

umbrella.jpg

Thanks @Former-Member

It makes a huge difference knowing that. 

Hi @Determined, thinking of you, praying... lots going on for you atm.

Thanks @Smc,

How are things for you at the moment. 

I am not being very successiful with keeping up with everyone at the moment but thinking of all my friends here. 

Have just come back from one of my trips to my parents' place. This one was with Hubby and Sister, so we were able to bring back a heap of plants, books and a few other oddments. We need to talk with my parents' doctor about end of life preferences, particularly for Dad. With his dementia, he's not legally competent to "inform" them, but we well and truly know what his long held preferences are. It's all a kind of pre-grieving, so both Sister and I have been a bit sad at different times. I'm guessing you're in that place too. You're evidently pretty close to your MIL.

Older Daughter's reasonably stable for the moment. We had a slightly belated family birthday lunch today (I've successfully made it past the 50 mark-yay!) but it started with the somewhat disturbing thing of one of Daughter's "child alters" wanting to give me a birthday gift of a colouring in picture of a rose and a couple of chocolates. Well meant, sweet, and weird all at once. Lunch together was nice though. We went to an Irish pub that serves good food with pleasantly appropriate background music and decor.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us