Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Did not find any bikes locally @Former-Member

A couple out of town that we may go and look at some time this week or next weekend. I'm in no hurry as I dont go for my licence until mid November. I am quite amused (in a good way) how mum has caught the bug from me. She has not been interested in bikes since she had children.   She has actually mentioned looking at some 3 wheelers. We will be checking some of those out. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Went along to a carer group  today for the first time. That was much easier than I expected. Looking forward to the next one. 

Lovely to hear carer group went well.  

Sounds like your Mum might have had  a hidden adventurous streak in her @Determined . 

Quick hello while I actually have some internet. It has been a bit slow and hit-and-miss since the storms 😒

Feeling blah and teary tonight.

I was quite pleased with my efforts this afternoon cleaning out our garage with help from my brother. Thought darling would be happy but all I got was whinging and bitching about little things she wanted done at the same time. I needed to get the big things moved while I had help. With what I got done we will be able to put the cars away tomorrow after mum takes some furnature and I return packing boxes we borrowed. Thankyou and good job would have been nice. 

Stupid bird I got for me wants nothing to do with me. Darling has been playing with it and letting the children play with it and all it wants is them. (I had asked for the children to leave it alone so it would bond to me but what do I matter).

Saw a job advert online that I would like to apply for but lacking the confidence in my ability. Asked darling what she thought and she seemed pleased that it intails Saturday work. Not to mention I am thinking about quitting the job I have as I am over the petty politics. Will discuss this at an appointment I have on Friday. Will have to check to see when applications close. 

Sulk over, time for bed and tomorrow is a new day. 

Sleep well @Determined. I hope tomorrow looks better for you.

It's hard when a big effort is unappreciated. I hope that the space gained from your hard day's work is a reward in itself.

Good morning @Determined

Ready to plaster on that Monday morning smile? Fake it till you make it? etc etc? Do you feel like telling me to rack off yet with all these dreadful cliches? 😀)

Cheering you on Bro, we're on your team here, sending you strength for today.

images (17).jpeg

LoL @Former-Member I would never tell you to rack off. I always appreciate your humor 😊

Inquired about above mentioned job this morning. Turns it has already been filled. It was only listed 3 days ago so they did not waste any time in filling it. 

Phew @Determined - sometimes extrinsic rewards just won't be forthcoming. Be proud in yourself that you did achieve something pretty impressive. 

I reckon you accomplished a lot if that counts for anything. 

Job stuff - yuck. Work politics can suck. Have to remind myself of that every time I think of getting an outside position rather than working from home. Have to weigh up the pros and cons I suppose.

LoL @soul , I lit a few fires at work last week before I left (metaphorically speaking) will be interesting to see the outcome tomorrow. I have to say though that it is the best place I have ever worked despite my current sulks. It is more a case of my emotional capacity to deal with things not turning out the way they should. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us