Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

BEN
New Contributor

Borderline wife

Despite all the Internet 'advice' being to get out now while I still can, i believe I'm one of the few that can cope. I may be delusional, perhaps a bit egocentric..but maybe that's what it takes to survive the turmoil?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Borderline wife

Hi @BEN

It's sad that the 'advice' you've been reading has been sending the impression that you should 'get out now'. There are many myths and misconceptions of BPD, we even hosted a Topic Tuesday about it last year. It was one of our busiest nights. You can find it here

How are things with your wife at the moment and how have your experiences been up to this point?

Welcome to the Forums 🙂

Hi Ben, is your wife diagnosed with BPD? Does she also have depression and anxiety and what medication does she take if any? What psychological therapy is she undertaking?

Hi @BEN,

Perhaps you can see that your wife is more than BPD? I agree with NikNik, it's sad that some of the stuff that you have read on the internet says to get out now. People with BPD (and other mental illnesses included) can have happy healthy lives, and happy relationships. 

It's great to hear that you feel like you can cope, and it sounds like you feel about it confident too. I think this is positive, and hope you can share with us more about how you work through tough times with your wife. Do you have them often? How long have you been together?

Also @Childlike, great questions, though I just need to flag that in the Community Guidelines we ask members to no discuss specifics (e.g., names of meds, dosages etc) about medication. It's ok to talk in general terms though. The reason for this is to avoid post being perceived as medical advice. 

CherryBomb

Hey @BEN

Just wondering how you're travelling now? 

I hope you and your wife are doing well.

Nik

Hello @BEN

Just wondering how you're travelling now? 

I hope you and your wife are doing well.

coffee 1.png

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us