Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Have you had a period of remission from your depression

hi @utopia, I am well enough to apply for work, not sure that I'm well enough to actually work. I have submitted applications but have not got any job interviews or offers. my resume has a big gap of 7 years of unemployment so that doesn't help. I have just enough concentration and motivation to read & write for job applications but I still have trouble spleeping and with energy so I don't know if I'd have enough energy to work a full 9-5pm day at work.

With the second anti-depressant I feel more emotions such as positive feelings but I also feel more irritability, anger and rage. And sometimes I think my psychotic symptoms are returning and I have to up my dose of meds for that. So it's still hard.

It's great that your meds are helping, you must have a good doc. What kind of activity would you like to do if you felt better?

I'm thinking of starting a taichi class tomorrow @BryanaCamp. Drop my son at school and then go straight there.  Will see how I feel in the morning. 

tai chi sounds great @utopia

I have always wanted to try that.

good luck with getting there, let us know how you go

@BryanaCamp  Didn't get to TaiChi class this morning.  Had a black out.  We woke up late.  First day of school and my son is 20 minutes late and I missed the TaiChi class.  Have to wait til next Thursday now. 

there is always nest week @utopia , I'm sure you'll get there in time.

how old is your son?

He's 16 years old. @BryanaCamp 

hello @utopia , @BryanaCamp 

have you able to get to Tai Chi @utopia 

I did line dancing for a while @Appleblossom , @Teej , @Zoe7 

hi @utopia 

long time no.

how are you going? and how is your son travelling?

I've had some rough pacthes with my mental health but on the whole ok. I hope you're doing ok?

No @Shaz51 . Circumstances prevented me from going to Tai Chi for the first few weeks.  Then I just didn't bother. 

I'm not doing any activities. 

@BryanaCamp . Nice to hear from you.  I've been hibernating. 

My son is well.  Seems happy.  Lots of friends.  Doing well at school and his part time job.  He's thriving.  I think that's the best way to describe how he is. 

I'm still stuck in no man's land.  Not in a depressive vortex.  But still depressed. 

Sorry to hear you have had some rough patches.  Life never seems to run smoothly.  Unfortunately. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us