Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: How does my disabilities have an impact on my mental health?

Hello @kevdeaf_24 , how are you going today my friend 🧡 

@tyme , @Gwynn , @RiverSeal , @PinkFlamingo 

I have lots of disabilities due to having CRS which is caused by my mum having German measles when she was pregnant with me 

thanks for the tag @Shaz51 😊

Hey there @kevdeaf_24 , hows things?

I read your initial post, and its great to see that you have good support guiding you with your counsellor 🙂 

Akin to you and lots of people here on the forum, I have disabilities and often get treated differently in society because I am different and I function differently, and need different things to make life happen... this - in my way of thinking - means opportunity..

I have the opportunity to educate and encourage others to expand their views, along with helping people see the benefits that come from working together without the stigmas commonly held in society getting in the way 🙂 

This wasnt always the case, however I made a choice, which then started to make things better all around 🙂 

I hope you are having a really great day, and all is well!

PinkFlamingo 

Hope you have some time to rest up too @kevdeaf_24 . I blink and the weekend is already over!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us