Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

Hi @Former-Member

You are always close to my thoughts LapsesYou are always close to my thoughts Lapses

I took the weekend off Lapses - I hope you are okay right now and have had a couple of days to yourself after all the work you have been doing

No doubt I will catch up with you soon - I will get myself together - someone interferred with the time over the weekend - I never feel in focus after this happens until daylight saving is established - I don't think I am alone in this

I am hoping my hayfever is taking a hike with all the new stuff I have bought for it - I have a nasal spray which seems to have made a difference

I hope you are the best you can be under the circumstances sis - great to have a message from you

DecHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Owlunar, you’re so quiet, how’s the sinuses? Companion cat? And mobility (pain). Thinking of you tonight while trying to stretch of pain & cramps. Busy day visiting bro3 for his birthday & dad & chch. Seems my bones just don’t wanna hold me up anymore maybe lol on the was
Got my own car - a van, which is probably a bit over the top but need to start building some independence somehow. Just popping by to say hi, thinking of you
💜🌷💜🌷💜

Hi @Former-Member

I have been okay - Fridays are busy and over the weekend the weather was so great I as outside a lot - fantastic sunshine and warm breezes - I love that

I heard a crash at 4.45 am and then my Mepcas alarm sent messages to me that I had a power outage - until afrer 11.00 am - the icecream was melting so I ate that - everything else is okay - 

But I have had a bad headache and when I opened the door to look and see if other people were blacked out and they were - apparently there was a cable down - and I found my cat was outside and she had been all night and she wouldn't come in - and I got the headache and I hope it has gone away now - bad morning - I needed a coffee and I only have electricity - darn - I read with a torch and tried to sleep- it didn't happen - so I am really tired today

I am sorry you have so much pain and fatigue - yes - I get it - your bones are complaining - I have that feeling myself right now and I haven't been in the mood to move all day - yes - alas - I happens

Somewhere through this - I have lost track of time and events already - I put the dinner dishes into the sink and turned the tap on - then I heard a man outside at the fuse box so I went out to talk to him - forgot about the hot tap running - never do that btw - my kitchen was flooded - 

That's terrific news about your van - you are building independence and not a lot of space to collect stuff - I am really proud of you and it's not over the top imo

So thanks and "Hi" to you - I am feeling totally washed out now but okay - I will be okay

Thinking of you

Dec

Former-Member
Not applicable

85989D57-47F5-48BE-A756-6FA3E2F37537.jpeg

Sorry @Owlunar

Hang in theee 💜💜💜 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Owlunar, you’re a numbers person, I’m looking at a 55+ village 2BR unit CAN afford but just made enquirers about costs:
Please find below the ongoing costs for 14 Glenfield Court:
Body Corp fees $1,373 per quarter
Sinking fund $433 per quarter
Land Rates $1,793 per year
max 30% exit fees 😞

While this is highway robbery, taking advantage of our seniors, like you, I’m thinking I have no choice as I need the help.
It’s about $200wk - 50 less than the local private rentals (half the pension)

What do you think? Do you wish you were living in a retirement 55+ village?

Hi @Former-Member

Yes- I am okay with numbers but that's not this issue here - it's a lot of money and yet it's something you need and I get it

So - these figures - are these fees in addition to the rent or are they what you pay each week - a quarter of your income is about what is financially viable - and it seems really hard to me if you have to pay these fees as well as rent and the rent is around $200.00 a week - yeah - that's half the pension

So the main question is are these figures are on top of rent

Then you have to take paying utilities on top of these figures - and then calulate how much you need to spend at the supermarkets and running your van etc - and work out your interest from your investment and any differences in your pension Centrelink might insist on

I hear you - you feel you need this kind of living arrangement but I am not sure that it's financially a good idea but only you can answer that and I don't have all your information

And you want to know if this is something I would wish for. 

My situation is different - I live in Government Housing with controlled rent - I have support for domestic help from an agency and I am financially secure so no - I don't wish for it - I have been in the system for a long time now

However the good news is that seeing as you are on the pension your are entitled to rent relief and that would make rent easier - you need to talk to centrelink about that

Also - in case you haven't mentioned it you need to let them know about the sale of your house because this could change your income

Yes - they get you coming and going but as an accountant though these are the things I would be looking at though I have never looked into living in a retirement village and this is what I would tell anyone who asked my advice

Yes - I know this is tough - everything costs money and it can be scary

I wish it was easier - you must feel very insecure atm. What happened about the unit you were looking into earlier - I remember you were going to negotiate the price on that on.

Life can be financially tough for women living alone - we have less of a chance at accumulating superannuation. Also - living in a city costs more than regional real estate but I haven't looked into rental accommodation in rural areas 

I'm sorry I have taken a while to answer - I had a really bad day on Monday and I was totally exhausted yesterday - I am okay - the things that happened on Monday were fixable - sigh - though I got a bad headache on Tuesday as well - it's very humid in Melbourne

I hope I have been useful - I know it seems really tough for you right now

Dec

@Owlunar🐺🐈

Thanks @outlander

Dec

I had a really bad day on Monday and I was totally exhausted yesterday - I am okay - the things that happened on Monday were fixable - sigh - though I got a bad headache on Tuesday as well - it's very humid in Melbourne

@Owlunar, How do you feel today my friend , hope you are feeling a bit better xoxo

sending you tender hugs HeartHeart

Hi @Shaz51

Ah yes - I am feeling much better today - after the adventures I had on Monday - I forgot to mention that my wifi moden broke down - I really hate it when I can't get on-line - so yes - I had to deal with Telstra on the phone yesterday - and the good news is that if hte ECO light turns blue press it and it will turn green again

And I am getting a free NBN wifi modem - that is so nice - worth it after having a headache that came back and yes - good news - the pharmacist recommended a mineral suppliment that worked really well

So it is good to feel cared about - this time it wasn't a psychological issue - just stuff as everyone does from time to time and I feel rather tired from all of it but I am okay

Thanks Shaz

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us