Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Husbands Intellect and decline into social media.

Thankyou for your reply, 

as far as his mother is concerned my husbands MI Is the first in the family and she is in total denial that she suffers a similar problem. She has stated to me that there has never been any such thing in her family even though she has been on antidepressants for over 65 yrs. due to severe Post natal Depression her sister has had several delusional breakdowns. His mother is a cruel narssacist. His father was Free from MI or any other condition associated but his 3 sisters (husbands Aunts)all have been treated for Bi Polar personality disorders and his 4th Aunt suicided at age 14. The family links are definitely there. With good treatment we are succeeding to break down a few doors but smaller doors keep appearing. At least they for now are smaller and easier to keep shut.

@Carlachris

Pleased to hear hubby engaging with therapist and that all is relatively steady for you. I am sure your hound would be enjoying the walks.

Have you seen the fairly recent posts on the forum, carers that are dealing with elderly mum's who are giving their families grief,  alienating all and sundry along the way?  

Lovely to get an update from you.😀

Thankyou for keeping in touch. I haven’t seen the link re the mum factor. I will try to find it. My husbands new therapist has been a wonderful success. They are both very highly intellectually matched and he has made a very positive influence on my husbands horrors. We have hit a bit of a bump in the rd though as hubby has had another diagnoses as such of Aspergers (which I have been telling him for yrs light heartedly) on top of Bi Polar with PPD. Finding our way through. My personal exhaustion levels are not coping very well what with MIL element etc.........but interestingly enough my husbands mania re FB and the decline have lessened. We seem to now be on a bit of a active health diet obsession. Becoming a little borderline neurotic. .....FAROUT.

Yikes @Carlachris am I suspecting rightly that you are expected to join in this diet with enthusiasm and no deviation from it's protocols?

Is the dog subject to extra walks

and/or healthy eating as well? 

Hope you are otherwise managing ok. 

Yes the dog has her paws walked off every day sometimes 10 km or so. Lucky she is a Kelpie. And of course although the rest of the house have always eaten very well we are now being lectured by a very out of control diabetic on the advantages of porridge raisins but only eaten in combination with almonds......lol. Sometimes I feel like a penny drops and what we have been saying for over a decade like “get your diabetes under control before you end up in hospital.”......suddenly amazingly happens. It’s a good thing but for an extremely intelligent man with a double honors degree in phsychology and political history.....he sure can be a slow learner. 

@Carlachris

Am hearing you loud and clear ... it is just as well we love them.

Hope you're able to keep up with some stress reducing activities. 

How are you going @Carlachris?

Ok Thankyou. New round of obsessions on the horizon with the French Revolution yellow shirts happpening as we speak. More reason for hubby to interact on FB with unhealthy people confused with the reality. I have much empathy for what is happening over there but am continually pointing out....it is not us! We are not them! Don’t fall down a French rabbit hole because you are politically interested in Communism, Marxism, capitalism etc, etc etc etc.....again the internet and the horrible FB are taking him into unsafe territory and I am already beginning to pick up the pieces falling away. His hygiene and social isolation, poor diet,  insomnia because of the time differences speaking to strangers attracted to his intellectual ramblings and retreating into the conspiracy theories. I just want my darling husband back. But I’m tired so I go down the street for milk and bread sit with our dog for a little while and watch the birds and kids and be me for half an hour or so. I’m so very tired. But I love him. I might bugger up the internet connection again. It would be hard to get it fixed this time of year. I will turn it off and mess up the settings. That helps a bit.

How are you going @Carlachris

Not too good. The spiral begins again. I think we might have a double this time.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us