Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

My life partner has Bipolar ii

I unapologetically care for my husband who after a long mental health crisis has been diagnosed with Bipolar ii + more.

It is a tough gig at times but I believe we can live well in spite of his diagnosis.

I understand that not all relationships can survive a diagnosis and this is no criticism or judgement on anyone but in this thread I would love to give to and receive encouragement from others who hold the same value I have, that is that I voluntarily chose to remain in union with my husband to the exclusion of others and to ride out the bumps of his mental illness.

Dubious humour is guaranteed.

1,436 REPLIES 1,436

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

Hi @Former-Member

This is a great idea for a thread. You have been an big encouragement to me in this regard since I have been here on the forums.

For everyone who does not know me, I care for my wife (aka my Darling) who has a primary diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD).

Like Darcy I believe that despite being difficult at times that we can live well in spite of this diagnosos and I voluntarily choose to remain in union with my wife to the exclusion of all others and ride out the bumps of my darlings illness... (and like Darcy that is in no way intended as a criticism or judgement on anyone).

Hi @Determined 

Suspect that after a scheduled GP visit tomorrow after quite some time of personal neglect I will be joining you in needing this chart ...

unnamed (3).jpg

Waiting on the pic @Former-Member but hope that goes well for you. 

My situation is most definitely a result of personal neglect over a long period of time.

I have been doing well this morning with food cravings until some horrible person started cooking garlic bread or something similar lol.. 

Any broccoli or kale to hand @Determined ?

Broccoli is part of our daily diet in evening meal @Former-Member, We all quite enjoy that, even the children.

Kale is something I like in veg juices, something I need to get back into, 
My mum keeps me well stocked with kale and silverbeet 🙂

Pic has arrived @Former-Member, 
That is great, I will be printing it out and keeping it handy 🙂 

My life partner has bipolar 11

and Today my mr shaz had soooo much energy @Former-Member, @Determined,-- wow Smiley Very Happy

Where you able to get a few things done today @Shaz51

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us