Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

ohh hugs @Former-Member Heart

what does mr @Former-Member do when he is high

@Former-Member, how is your mum going xx

and how are you feling about mum able to stay home a bit longer xxxxx

sorry if it is out of line , as my mum keeps getting asked if she lives alone -- even though i go to her every day xx

Hugs @Former-Member 

@Former-Member Thinking of you - it is hard being alert all the time in the background wondering if behaviour is a trend or indicator of concerning things to come ... I even notes Ms S was over communicative in doctors waiting room today with another patient  waiting to see doctors and it was a little embarrassing ... the other wife of the man she was talking to gave me a knowing smile as both our partners prattled on loudly sigh .... 

Hi @Shaz51 still waiting for official report but Mum has been bumped up a level with acat assessment which I gather allows for extra supports and 60 days respite if needed.  Her GP thinks she should not be living alone, she now wears an alarm necklace.  

How do I feel about things? I would like to see Mum  settled somewhere while she is able to make the decision herself rather than have something less than satisfactory thrust upon her in an emergency.  

I would like to see Mum  settled somewhere while she is able to make the decision herself rather than have something less than satisfactory thrust upon her in an emergency.  -- very understandable @Former-Member

I am going to see mum`s 2 doctors and reapply to be her carer , I was rejected but I think it depends of what mum said to the doctor who filled out the form

Sounds like a plan @Shaz51.

@Determined may be able to give you some tips.  

Tips re carer classification @Former-Member?

We just took papers to Darlings pdoc.

She filled them out and we were approved first try. I was surprised at the time though.

A lady from clink called and had a long discussion with me and signed it off.

Darling was already on dsp when we applied for,  something mil faught very hard for. 

Thinking of you and Mr D @Former-Member

Had our gutters realigned to improve flow into our rainwater tanks but with the heavy rain we had last night, the gutters overflowed and water leaked in through a window ... Mr D totally oblivious to what needs doing around the place.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us