Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Sharing my life with Ms Sophie (Bipolar II)

Hi @Former-Member  thx for check in - just waiting at psychiatrist office now for MsS to finish appt - we decided I wouldn’t go in with her today - as long as she promised to show him her headache migraine diary and ask what meds she could reduce as she is on an awful lot right now and we feel maybe some are no longer effective or needed ... fingers crossed it is a productive session ! 

Sorry ive been off the grid - work has been demanding and I’ve been collapsing into bed early these days to sleep as much as I can - something that really helps me 

how are you ?? I’ll cruise to your thread and have a peep 🙂 sending you big carer hugs 🤗 

Hoping session with pdoc went well @Sophie1 ,  having migraine diary would no doubt be helpful, how did she get on in relation to medications.

I know I have used Mr Darcy's mood charts to advocate for him in relation to medication, although I think once his diagnosis changed from being a diagnostic dilemma to BPii and he stabilised from his acute episode the pdocs have been happy to slowly reduce the burden of his crisis meds. This has always been done one at a time and generally with a slow taper. The current med he is reducing is being done over a period of 12 months, there is perhaps more relapse potential with this one. 

Hi @Former-Member 

Thankyou for taking time to share - I don’t know what to feel tonight - pdoc actually increased two of the meds ... only one of the meds is on the way down ever so slowly ... he said the doses she is on are so small he is not worried about the total number of different meds she is on .. 

i am upset and teary tonight - I wish she could be magically better ... I never know what to hope for and don’t know what our future looks like - I am so tired from working full time and worrying about MsS all the time - and trying to deal with my own pain from my car accident last year - my neck is still sore every day and my hip too ... 

i want to go part time at work but I’m worried about money and medical and medicine bills 

@Sophie1  it is so very difficult at times. 

Are you able to treat yourself ever so gently tonight - perhaps take a soak in the bath and let the tears flow.

How are you feeling today @Sophie1 ?

Hi @Former-Member  @outlander @Smc @Shaz51 @Determined 

Ms S was cleaning up and shopping all day yesterday getting ready for her sisters family arrival - she over did it and when her sister arrived after driving all day interstate she found Ms S exhausted and behaving strangely - her sister rung me at work as I was late and said Ms S was like a dementia patient - saying things multiple times, forgetting what they were doing frequently , asking for things repeatedly at the supermarket that they already had in the trolley and steering the trolley clumsily —- also awkward rapid speech to new neighbours at home about odd topics - including some unfortunate racist comments (not like her at all) ... have you heard of others on this forum with BP2 behaving like this - is this manic ? I have seen this multiple times when she is exhausted physically at end of day ... also I realised she missed her midday medication dose yesterday which may have further destabilised her - mostly I want to work out of others have experienced this ???

yes @Sophie1 

I know when my mr shaz is tired and overdid things, because things happen , his attitude is different

one day last week , we worked in the morning , went home for lunch -- mr shaz was acting funny so I said " I think we need the afternoon off " ( mr shaz eaded up sleeping for 4 hours after lunch

we are self employed and I have to plan the week that it will not be too much for mr shaz

Thanks @Shaz51  yes Ms S came out with us with the kids for a couple of hours this morning and then now has been sleeping since just after lunch - nice to know we r not alone in having to cater for sleep and activity levels - thankyou for sharing x

yes sometimes it is hard to get the right balance @Sophie1 between doing and resting

and sometimes we just keep going and going

glad Ms S is a lot better today xx

@Sophie1 

I am mindful of community guidelines but if you would like some tips on how I advocated for Mr Darcy I am happy to give them. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us