Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Shaz51
Community Guide

When a Carer / wife / Husband / Partner is in need of meds herself / himself

Hello @CherryBomb, @Faith-and-Hope, @Decadian, @Shimmer, @Former-Member, @PeppiPatty, @NikNik, @Former-Member, @devotedmum, @Former-Member, @Former-Member, @Smc, @denial, @Former-Member, @Former-Member,

Here is  a question ???

When a Carer / wife / Husband / Partner is in need of  meds herself / himself

when my husband thinks i might need some meds myself, and said today I think you need something

what !!  ?

wow do you think sooo ?

why do you think I need some ?

60 REPLIES 60

Re: When a Carer / wife / Husband / Partner is in need of meds herself / himself

Dear @Shaz51

You are with a man who unfortunately spending times in mental ill health and OTHER umet needs. 

One symtom is NO insight. He loves you and he may be either:

1. Mixing up your problems with your kidney with the problems that he has and because he love you so much, he is thinking  that is the right thing.

2. He is SO overwhelmed he is'nt thinking properly and he needs to sleep.

This is what I think at least. 

Re: When a Carer / wife / Husband / Partner is in need of meds herself / himself

I think you are totally right on both comments  my special friend @PeppiPatty HeartHeart

So, @Shaz51 Can you put him to bed? Often my husband needs to sleep all day and all night.......

Hello @Former-Member HeartHeart

Hello @Shaz51!! Smiley Very HappyHeart

hello @Shaz51 @PeppiPatty

is this the first time he has mentioned something like this to you?

if so as PeppiPatty mentioned he is aware of your physical issues and is perhaps seeing that you are struggling more with pain at moment? or something else?

perhaps just respond with "you say that you think i need something, i believe you, could you tell me a little bit more so that i can understand, if that is alright with you? I am keen to hear what you think'.

i learnt this from watching a u tube video suggested by darcy on this site.

worth a try you might get nothing out of it.

i think that they have real thoughts beneath the paranoid thoughts and sometimes it is hard to distinguish between the two.

i would be interested to know if you did get a response.

how thoughtful of him to be thinking of you. xx

Hello @Former-Member, @PeppiPatty, @Former-Member

Hello @CherryBomb, @Faith-and-Hope, @Decadian, @Shimmer,, @NikNik, @Darcy, @devotedmum, @Carer101, @TAWNEY, @Smc, @denial, @Sally07,

yes @Former-Member, It is the first time he has mentioned something like this to me

I asked hubby today @Former-Member before going to the doctor , he said with all my pysical problems and coping with his MI and putting up with him , I might need something to help me

was able to see the doctor today , it is my reflux playing up, I am on meds for it but the doctor gave me extra meds until they can have a look down my throat to my stomach

so thank you for all the hugs HeartHeart

now, just have to wait

Dearest @Shaz51 @Former-Member and @Former-Member

How are you?

I'm so impressed with your husband @Shaz51poster.jpeg

Hello my special friend @PeppiPatty HeartHeart

I'm so impressed with your husband --- tell me more what you are thinking my friend about my hubby xx

love to hear it so i can tell you more xx

how are you tonight ??

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us