Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Books: Reading for relaxation and enjoyment

MoonGal ... Have my copy of
"Touched by Fire" now ....Allan
Also bought
Peter Garretts memoir " Big Blue Sky"

I have just picked this up at the library so I think it will be my next read. I have heard good things. 

I love to read and am always picking up,books. Particularly historical fiction and the English Plantagenet era. 

I enjoy reading a lot when I can focus enough on it. I am a big fan of Stephen king books and stuff like that. I have currently just started trying to read the game of thrones books

Hi  I tried to get in to Shantaram but just couldn't get engrossed. I tried some of the batch of library books, but have gone back to my piles of books. 

I prefer historical fiction especially Plantagenet history. Richard the 3rd etc.. I love Sharon Penman and Phillippa Gregory.

Sometimes a book isnt right for us.  I am getting better at not forcing myself to finish ... just because I started it.  @Ginny I hope you have something to get your teeth into long enough for a good distraction.

cheers

Cool thread !!!
Brill !!
I must confess I fell in love with my first husband because of his fantasy series novels
Katherine Kerr
Ate those books up !!
The dragon sword series

And I remember this book called Magician ..... Reading it again and again .....

My absolute most favourite book in the world is by Ursula Le Guin..... The WiZard of Earthsea
I did a range of pics based on her books
And those short stories of hers ....
Now Ille need to reread your past messages and check out all your books @MoonGal and @chookmojo xx

Hey there fellow bookworms, you're all awesome. I LOVE BOOKS!! I love the classic books like Treasure Island, Sherlock Holmes, Robinson Crusoe, Agatha Christie when I was younger, but these days I'm into a lot of non-fiction, anything that makes me think - psychology, philosophy, eastern and western thought. I'm fascinated how the brain works. I find I'm most happy when I've got a book in my hand or nearby. Books have always been there for me when I struggled to connect with people. 😊😊

'The Trial' by Kafka is a great book - heavy 'though.  The 'existential essay' that makes up about a third of the ending of the book is amazing.  Kafka was initially rejected by FORTY publishers and, of course, now it's considered to be one of the 'classic classics'!

Let's talk about movies instead.  I love 'Star Wars' and always will.  I identified with both Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker and, yes, fell in love with both Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, even 'tho I was only ten.  Hmm, what a confused young woman I was!

I love reading and find it is relaxing and a great way to calm my mind especially at night.  I can tell where I am in my cycle, by what I read and the amount of time spent reading.

I enjoy movies but rarely go out to the cinema, I find the noise rather overpowering. Looking forward to watching the Suffragetes when it comes out on DVD

Hi MoonGal

Love reading fantasy books.

Look into Ann McCaffery

The crystal singer

Dragons of Pern

These are about 4-6 book in each and evolve so beautifully in worlds and people.

Scorpion

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us