Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Looks good @Smc

I'll bring a candle
Black out here haha

Yumm yes please @Smc 😀

@MDT, our electricity supplier does a thing where you can volunteer to reduce power usage for an hour, and they give you paypal/gift card credit as a "thank you". We've got one of those coming up tonight so I'm getting the woodstove going for warmth and dinner cooking, and yep, the candles will come out. Because we find the simplest way to reduce power usage is turn it off at the meter.

So that's one hour of voluntary candlelight and no devices.... part of the reason we do it is because it's actually quite restful. And it reduces our carbon footprint a little. Not as much as we like though. Our teenaged Younger Daughter likes to keep her bedroom heater at summery temperatures. Seriously??? She's the one who's future's looking uncomfortable.

delicious-beautifully-decorated-candlelit-dinner-restaurant-185322611.jpg

Wood stove got a bit smokey while lighting. I think the kindling might have been damp. Soothing choc drink coming up...hack...choke...

unnamed.jpg

hello my awesome friends and @Former-Member , @Amour_Et_Psyché , and @Radius 

CR_Health-II-hot-drinks-coffee-12-15.jpg

Hiya @Shaz51, how's your evening going?

About to tuck into some of the soup that's simmering on the woodstove here. 🙂

shortbread-cookies-fireplace-530x343.jpg

ohhh that sounds very nice and warming @Smc , don`t mind if i have some too xx

Help yourself @Shaz51. 🙂 Veg soup, mostly sweet potato.

moroccan-lentil-sweet-potato-soup-8.jpg

Hello

@Smc @Shaz51 @The-Hams @Adge @bipolarbunny @Determined @Mazarita @Appleblossom @Anastasia @Daisydreamer @TideisTurning @girasole @frog @Emelia8 @Schitzo @outlander @eth @Faith-and-Hope @greenpea @Sophia1 @pipinya @Snowie @prov3v5and6 @Bezak482 @Moderator @Amour_Et_Psyché @Radius @Sophie1 @LearningWaters @RosieDreams @Ky_La @MIFANTCARER @wibblewobble & thinking of @Darcy

and the rest of the “gang”

You Smc , Shaz , The-Hams and others, do present some delightful, lovely, mouthwatering, table settings and preparations. I am looking forward to getting back into preparation of some pleasant, tasty and nutritious meals, and hope that mine taste as good as yours look. Your presentations assist in spurring the much needed incentive. The Weekly Friday Feast is another taste-bud teaser.

Thank you.

Smc Your description of the wood stove, warmth, aroma of food cooking and the peacefulness of no appliances running (even fridges) brings back pleasant memories. That feeling is especially strong since we have had overnight lows of 4 deg.C. the last two nights. - Six weeks after a cyclone in the Mid-West of W.A. 

And the hot chocolate looks very appealing.

On Monday, the electrician was able to replace the connection on the front of the house. Two hours later the power was reconnected.

I didn't do too badly with the generator, but it is a lot less expensive

and much more comfortable, to flick a switch,

than having to fill fuel cans and tank every 2nd day.

Cheers

&

Best Wishes Everyone,

HenryX

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us