Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Owlunar
Senior Contributor

Low Level now in WA

I have been trying to copy a picture without success but the news is that there has been low level snow in WA - near Perth I believe

This is a rare event - climate change you ask? I think so - though when I was a small child in snowed in Melbourne once - we thought we'd get a day off school but we didn't - it was cold that day

We get snow in Melbourne's eastern suburbs sometimes - rarely - certainly not in the lower areas near the city and Port Phillip Bay

What else does the weather have in store for us?

Dec

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Low Level now in WA

A friend who is an amateur weatherman is predicting snow in a lot of odd places this year. I definitely think climate change has caused it.

Never imagined snow in Perth @Owlunar! It sure will be interesting to see what else the future months have in store for us with weather.

Was like 2 deg here this morning @Owlunar ok in WA not perth was 40 last week ok max temp and min temp

Climate change is partly about extremes and not just global warming ... I will check it out. @Owlunar 

Smiley Happy

Only known snow in Melbourne once, but more often in Ballarat ...

It was further south @Owlunar, near Albany, on the peaks. This is about 800kms or so away, and themps here a several degrees cooler than the city and surrounds. I've never seen snow in or close to the city. That would be a first!

This brought some interesting answers - I have forgotten to check up how things are in Perth or Southern WA over the last couple of days

But today they have a maximum of 20 and mostly sunny - which sounds okay - good even

We've had great weather for Easter in Melbourne this year - 

btw - Happy Easter everyone

Dec

EasterEggThree.png

Top of the Perongerups gets snow every other year ..... southern WA ..... not enough to ski however 😏

2FA86252-01B2-494A-94C6-E532C48849A8.jpeg

No skiing, but maybe you could make a mini snowman @Faith-and-Hope?

Some people did @Ali11 😊

I am on the other side of the country ..... much closer to real snow here.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us