Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social space

TAB
Senior Contributor

Re: Tabaluga's

Their recipe may not be any good? Also lentils, water etc all dift. It's educated guess work  @SmilingGecko  maybe use lentil flour

@SmilingGecko @TAB @StuF @Bill16 @Glisten hey cool friends, got a little project to do. Found some frozen pork crops in freezer. Going to grill or fry them. Hope you're all oka

Enjoy the chops @Meowmy !

TAB
Senior Contributor

thats good @Meowmy  had shower here, cleaned up bit in kitchen

@TAB I realise the red lentil bread called for split red lentils not whole. Might have something to do with the size of the grain being half the size and soaking times. The split red lentils at shops are full of gluten. The red lentils I had were whole and bought in bulk in a drum. Will maybe amp up the soaking a bit more for 24 hours instead of just 12 hours overnight. Never heard of red lentil flour before but have been experimenting with all kinds of flour to date. Will look into it, the gluten free shop may have some but Woolies and Coles don't. The loaf turned out well though. It did not crumble this time (I put all the lentils in a coffee grinder previously for my first attempt at another recipe off fb and it was dry and crumbly) but could have done with some "birdseed" in it. I think it will freeze well and there will be enough bread for a week or more. My regular sweet potato packet mix bread is not always available. I think I'm getting there with this recipe. At least I don't have to rely on bread from supermarket if shelves are not stocked again 

TAB
Senior Contributor

maybe try other recipes , esp from aust re ingredients @SmilingGecko or google whats wrong with it ?

@TAB hey tabby, sounds good re cleaning and shower. Think will make chops tender first and then fry them

@Meowmy i hope you enjoy experimenting in your kitchen. I haven't eaten pork on a regular basis. I google recipes by entering in what I have in my crisper and get the computer to spit out recipes. I don't follow the guidelines or ingredients to the letter but its the easy way to make use of what you got. But we won't discuss AI-generated broccoli icecream here! AI doesn't come up with tasty ideas!!! lol

TAB
Senior Contributor

just back from shops here @Meowmy  think nap maybe

Hello @TAB the super duper red lentil bread turned out ok. YAY! About 10 servings, all in freezer now. May put up the recipe in the SANE kitchen thread once i've perfected the recipe but it really does need seeds like pumpkin and sunflower to beef it up a bit.

How was your trip out today? The buses out this way only go every hour and theres not normally much activity in the main township. Read an e-mail from the library and they are moving to a centralised hub in future which is being developed in the town center with high density housing included.

It will make it easier to get there as the library used to be accessible by bus but now they are building a huge hospital style medical center there to take the pressure off EDs and theres no bus stop outside the library now with building and roadworks going on. So haven't been able to use the library. There's another library that has been built in the nearby suburb - have not been to it yet. Its an imposing new building possibly built by bald headed architects.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us