Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Through One's Eyes

It is great @Faith-and-Hope and you have used my favourite quote so that makes it even more special. I think you have grasped the techniques really well - can't wait to see more of what you will do. This is an exciting new direction for you and also something just for enjoyment. It is something I could get into as well - need to outlay a little money to start so thta will have to wait a little while.

I would live to see you working with this @Zoe7 ..... and while I am enjoying working with these materials and the matt medium, I can see that it is very close to an ink pen and watercolour technique if you have those handy ...... and I have seen art journaling done into the pages of an old magazine, or unwanted, perhaps water-damaged book, advertising junk mail magazines, old telephone books (tearing out every other page to thin it out, and glueing the working pages together to give them more substance ......

I seriously need a space set up for art @Faith-and-Hope. I can't wait to be able to set up the spare room - so many plans just need that school stuff moved Smiley Frustrated

I know I have some books with clear pages stored in those boxes too - just too hard to move things to get to them atm. I need to get back in there and sort out another couple of boxes very soon.

@Teej @CheerBear ....

I made my own stencil for the backgrounds of my art journaling @Teej, by cutting diamond shapes out of a piece of paper.  I am dabbing acrylic paint over it with a tissue, and the built- up acrylic paint dries, so it won’t come off the next time I use it on the new piece of work, but it is building it up to be like card rather than paper ...., so the stencil is becoming more durable each time it is used.  You could do the same, cutting shapes into plastic packaging from food or stationary items for example.  I intend to make one like that with a paper-punch. Creating a stencil that is little circles.

@Faith-and-Hope i have a tag from you but i cant find where you tagged me?

that is beautiful @Faith-and-Hope

IMG_20181020_165241.jpg

IMG_20181020_165408.jpg

IMG_20181020_165535.jpg

This one I have in an exhibition for mental health week 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us