Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Its so peaceful here at the horses. Ive taken a seat in with our pony. The breeze is amazing. Abit of a recharge

@outlanderThat is a good idea.  You dont always have to WORK with the horses. You have a right to be able to calm, quiet and close to the things you love.

Thank you both and @CheerBear for well wishes today.  I am trying to get my cat a special brand of dry food with a soft centre and it is sold out on all online and local stores.  Must be a lot of old cats around.

Heart

it was really peaceful @Appleblossom i did have quite abit to do at the horses though since i took monday and tuesday off but i got it all done now. but it was nice to sit there with no expecations, no noise, no kids running around or needing to watch them. just sitting with the pony and feeding him some bread while i was there.
the pet food store should be able to order some in for you if you ask them too

Yes I have asked them to order it in, but they still have not called to say they have it.

Good morning to anyone passing here today.  Looks like it's been quiet here overnight and today.  Hoping folk are doing ok, sending out wishes for peace and strength to all who might want them.

A day at home for me after 2 busy ones out with support worker and celebrating bro and sil's birthdays.  Took them to a ramen noodle place last night and it was total chaos in there, they had overlooked my booking and we had to move tables twice, clean our own table and then the food was not something I enjoyed - oily and not at all tasty to me.  The others seemed to find it ok but I just ate spring rolls and a couple of pieces of crumbed chicken - totally food I could get at a fast food joint for way less $$.  Bi$&h over!

Hope today is going smoothly so far.

@Mazarita @Appleblossom @outlander @CheerBear @Zoe7 @greenpea @Exoplanet  and @Sophia1 if you're around.

Pity about the restaurant not being up to scratch. @eth but at least you all went out and made some fuss about it.

Heart

I just spoke with my support worker.

I think you were right about the fb request to offer me disability employment services.  I have pulled out.  I am not really ready. My anxiety sky rocketed and I was waking up all rigid etc, and that puts out my neck.  I have to face the fact that my son and I have had a torrid year and that my priority should be our transition to the the NDIS.  It is good he is thinking about work and study too.  We both have a lot of internal pressure to work, but for long term security it is best to get some good plans going with the NDIS and maybe at end of next year, if all is going well, then think about a little bit of work.

Hope you have a good day.

@eth @Mazarita @CheerBear @Zoe7 @outlander and ALL

Smiley Happy

Pity about the restaurant not being up to scratch. @eth but at least you all went out and made some fuss about it.

Heart

I just spoke with my support worker.

I think you were right about the fb request to offer me disability employment services.  I have pulled out.  I am not really ready. My anxiety sky rocketed and I was waking up all rigid etc, and that puts out my neck.  I have to face the fact that my son and I have had a torrid year and that my priority should be our transition to the the NDIS.  It is good he is thinking about work and study too.  We both have a lot of internal pressure to work, but for long term security it is best to get some good plans going with the NDIS and maybe at end of next year, if all is going well, then think about a little bit of work.

Hope you have a good day ...

@eth @Mazarita @CheerBear @Zoe7 @outlander and ALL

Smiley Happy

👋 everyone 🙂

@eth sorry to hear your dinner wasn't as you'd hoped. That's disappointing. How are you planning on spending your home day?

@Appleblossom great plan to focus on longer term security and then look into other things you can do. I was busting to study this year but realised it would be too much and had to switch my focus then to a similar long term security kind of thing/s. Now I have (or am getting very close to having) the support, security and stability I need, finishing my degree is right up on my want to do list. Everything crossed for a smooth ndis process for you both.

I've been out doing school stuff with one of mine this morning and am now looking forward to a quiet home afternoon hopefully finishing off a crafty gift. Perfect inside with tea and crochet weather here (grey, cool and wet outside).

Hope the morning has been OK for everyone ❤

Hi @Appleblossom I'm very sorry to hear about how getting involved with that agency affected you.  But glad to hear you have shifted your focus for now and hoping things work out to your benefit, especially with the NDIS journey.  If I can help in any way don't hesitate to ask.

Hi @CheerBear hope you're enjoying your peaceful afternoon.

I've been totally lethargic today but not pushing myself to do anything.  It's good to have a gentle day the day after seeing my psychologist.  I think I'm so snoozy because I took all my meds together later than usual last night  because I'd been out, tho' they should have worn off by now.  Planning to cook for the clan this afternoon.  Cheesy veg and rice gratin this time.

At home doing crafty things sounds lovely @CheerBear

Smiley Happy

@eth Cooking foryour clan sounds like they will eat better than last night.

Smiley Very Happy

I am glad I did not WAIT, let my unease about it build up, made the decision today and cancelled all relevant things.  It is fine now, but accidentally I proceeded with my plans in the diary for tomorrow instead of today, so missed an appointment and did unscheduled work at the zoo.  Red face.  So yes they really put me off and I am more delicate than I realised.  Should follow my own advice and gently bently.  

Smiley Embarassed

Another thing I did today was working on my saying "no" and being heard.  At the zoo, 2 children were approaching and playing with me.  They were gorgeous and mum was chatting with us, but the little girl started telling me what she wanted me to do.  It killed the play for me, becasue she was insistent that I get up and do certain things with the animals.  I have often gone along with another's wishes, (in my family of mothering, after a few months I FELT I had no independent rights) but this time I hedp my ground, nicely, she was insisting for about 10 minutes, but I explained that SHE could do the actions she wanted, but that I was an old lady and was sitting down. In the end she accepted it, took the animal and continued her play.  There were no bad feelings and I did not have to submit to another's will.

Smiley Happy

This was huge for me, as I had unresolved feelings about being bossed around by 4 year olds.  Good god even as I listen to myself say this, I cannot believe how I embroiled my self into the toxic dynamics of my failed 16 year marriage.

Smiley Embarassed

Life is such a learning curve.  

I hope my therapist whose appointment I missed will understand. I left a msg for her when I realised. I had the days totally mixed up. 

Heart

@eth It just helps having our regular conversations.  It helps me get a sense of what is appropriate. I really never had that growing up, with my mother, family, and by the time I had friends I was too placating, and never raised my issues that I wanted to discuss.

Last night, at rehearsal, a lady I had just met started chatting about interventions and human services, and I realised how foreign my experience was.  I did not have to disclose to her and it would have been innapropriate she was just rambling on from the postion of her job, and making it social and general.  I dont think I put my foot in it like I often do, I just agreed with her, and muttered about how heavy handed the NT intervention was.

Just getting the hang of how much to disclose and when has been a very difficult skill to learn.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us