Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Am Not Coping

You very much deserve those compliments you've received over the past 2 days @Zoe7 .  And its a nice change to feel good about yourself.  How long will it last?  Try not to think about that .. and make the most of today.  This good stuff could last forever, so why worry about something which may never happen?  Very happy for you, and proud of your courage and fortitude which has enabled you to get to where you are now.

Hi everyone else here as well @Faith-and-Hope  @Sam3 @Shaz51 and others.  Sorry I know I've missed many.  But I mean you too.  🌺

Sherry 💕

So happy for yiu @Zoe7 

glad to see things are looking so positive for you. It’s great to see. ❤️❤️

Considering I have no real friends I can meet up with for a chat or just a hot chocolate @TAB I know what she is getting at. There is one person I used to be friends with that has just moved back to Tassie so hoping I can catch up with her soon. The remainder of my 'friends' are either here on the forum or live a long way away. Even those family members who I like live at the other end of the state so my social interactions have been pretty much work based for years. The biggest issue is that I like being on my own and have been that way for most of my life - it isn't easy to change something you have always been comfortable with.

@Former-Member I totally hear what you are saying about not trying to predict the future as we don't know what it will hold. As I am sure you can imagine - it is hard to change one's mindset to think more positively and with some hope when your life has been filled with trauma and negative experiences. I do feel like I am getting much better at being mindful and letting some of those things not occupy too much of my thoughts though and that is positive. It is sometimes hard to do and the more tired I am the harder it becomes. Sleep is so important to us and yet often so hard to get. The reduction in one of my night meds is not coming at a good time but I am hoping it will not make a lot of difference to how well I sleep but will make me less tired in the morning - I do struggle with getting up in the morning. It is only one of several meds I have so fingers crossed that it works out okay.

Thanks @BlueBay Heart

I dont know what to say @Zoe7 . my comment was pretty throw away

LOL @TAB and then you get that long response from me Smiley LOL

Hi @Ant7 long time no see - but spied you behind the support button lol - how are things in your world?

Helllo my wonderful friends @Zoe7 , @TAB , @BlueBay , @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope 

we had a big assessment of my mum`s house to make sure it is right for mum to come home xxx

yeah sorry, ripped off hey @Zoe7  I had to read it 3 times and still didnt know what to say am not really with it

Been a long day here too @TAB ..... maybe read it again tomorrow .....

I got into the lift and stood there just staring at the buttons ..... before my brain finally said, “hey, are we supposed to be going somewhere ??”  By then someone else had pressed one ..... well, I managed to get out of the building .... lol.

Now to get home .....

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us