Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: D.I.D....

Continuing to think of you and yours @Smc 

Here also @Smc 

Smc
Senior Contributor

@Determined, @Former-Member, anyone else...

Still all quiet on Older Daughter's part.

Hubby and I are both having up and down days. The process of Hubby applying for DSP is moving forward in managable sized steps so far.

I came across a comment in a news article recently about the average lifespan from the time someone enters aged care being about 3 years. I think that's been sitting in the back of my mind disturbing me, because my parents have been in their aged care home for a bit more than that. It's odd thinking that they are probably approaching the status of "long term residents". And I've been having odd dreams too, sort of along the theme of doing a big job to help out a group of people, while at the same time being socially on the outer edge of said group. Am wondering if that's my mind trying to deal with "big job at parents' empty house" in place where I once lived, but have few ongoing personal connections.

I'm not into dream interpretation along the lines of "if you dream about "x", it's a symbol of "y"", but I have often found that when the same theme in different forms keeps turning up, it usually means something is bothering me. Don't know if I can do anything about this one though, apart from keeping muddling through it. Our next trip up ther will be at the beginning of the school holidays, and will be the first time there since November. Both I haven't been able to face doing the trip alone, and the AC has failed at their house, so it would have been horribly hot.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Smc  reading stats such as that often results in us looking at our own situations.  Sending gentle thoughts your way.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thinking of you while you are away @Smc . 

Smc
Senior Contributor

Ta @Former-Member. Hubby had a chance to catch up with his friend Saturday, and I had a bit of a relax day with our Younger Daughter. She's finding things a bit boring here, but not much we can do about that, so she'll have to bear with it.

Saw Mum yesterday, Dad was engrossed in the Sunday afternoon Bingo game, so we decided not to interrupt it. We'll catch him today.

I've been doing some online research into family history on Trove, and have found a few items Mum and Dad might like to see. An article about Mum's oldest sister's wedding, which includes a mention of Mum as the flower girl; and on Dad's side, I came across his grandfather's WW1 war records.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Checking in @Smc 

Smc
Senior Contributor

Older Daughter is in the Mental Health Unit again, after SH yesterday and continuing thoughts of doing worse. She'll be there at least until Tuesday, maybe longer.

So the family Easter lunch that we're having tomorrow will be wihout her there. 😞

So sorry to hear that @Smc 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Smc 😩

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us