Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Help - not doing so good and I feel guilty

I posted about overwork somewhere recently. It was a bbc link.

Its great you have dealt with a lot of your issues, go more gently on yourslef, and maybe find a way to communicate in your real world, that you are coping but not going that great ... so there is a bit of balance and you dont feel fake and covering up.

@ArraDreaming 

Hey @ArraDreaming 

What's up mate?  Why are you not allowed to have bad days?  I think you can so why are you not giving yourself permission?  

Why are you being so hard on yourself when you got a good reason.. I mean your working yourself sick it seems.  What is the work that is so important that you need to get sick for it?  Do those people who have assigned those tasks think the tasks are so important they want you to be sick stressing yourself out doing them? 

What do you need to reduce the load and feel better?  Rather than say you are feeling sick, What do you need to get well, and then take those steps... 

Hi Jay, I can hear that there is a part of you that is critical of the part that is not doing so well. Feeling like it should be a certain way.

I wonder if that's how you feel towards the not doing so well part? Or is this a judgement based on outsiders expectations of you?

What does it mean to you to not do so well with your mental health? Perhaps that feels scary because it means people turn away from you, when you maybe need them the most. 

I can feel how uncertain and scary it is when you have a blip, perhaps if you could approach these parts of you with a sense of curiosity? 

Because I just shouldn't be like this anymore, I have worked hard to overcome my issues I shouldn't be like this because I don't want to associate myself with that part of my life anymore 

Hi hi, @ArraDreaming 

It ok to have bad days babydragon has bad days all the time to and she done lots of work on her bad times tos. Having bad days means your human like everyone else. No point in trying to be perfect coz perfect doesn't exist. Babydragon wears the "im fine" mask tos. It's a silly mask people should understand that you going to have bad days and be supporting of that. -strudle 

(Chloe and strudle 《co-fronting》)

@HappyCastle Yeah gotta do things to look after yourself every now and then 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us