Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

The-red-centaur
Senior Contributor

I feel so selfish

Lately I've only been able to post on my own thread and I barely respond to the amazing and awesome support from the people posting. 

I wish I had the space in my head to read other threads and unstand the struggles they are also going through. I wish I could post support for

them. Atm all I'm doing is take take take. I'm so selfish and the voices are yelling me to leave, to stop bothering,to stop faking everything, to run away because people aren't allowed to care for me. 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: I feel so selfish

I'm not really wanting rresposes to this....it's just a sorry. 

I'm sorry I'm only posting got myself and not offering the same level of support back. 

Dear Red Centaur, please, please don't feel bad. You are really suffering, that's the time when you need support. It's kind of you to want to support others...but sometimes it's just not possible. That's the beauty of the forums...there are others around who can fill in with support. 

You're not selfish, you're very ill. You definitely do deserve support and care. I know without a doubt that you're not faking.

I hope you won't run away. That would not be helpful, either to you or to us, as then we wouldn't know how you're doing.

A big virtual hug for you @The-red-centaur  💙

@The-red-centaur 

All in good time... Thank you for posting, being honest and sharing where you are at.  You can't power change with a flat battery so go and recharge.

@The-red-centaur 

it's not a competition, it's not a race, it's not an obligation.

to everything there is a season

you can shine another day, today just let us shine on you

xoxox

Hi @The-red-centaur 

We have to help ourselves before we can help others.

Sometimes we need that support and it is not selfish at all. You are doing the very best you can and that is all you can do.

It certainly isn't take take take. You deserve the support and care. We all have those times where we need more support then we can give to others, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Take care, we are here for you 💜

@The-red-centaur Saltandpepper is going to charge on in and slap those nasty voices away.

We all at one time or another are in need of support and I think we all deserve to receive that support without expectation of anything in return. Because when we are in a healtheir state of mind, that's when we are able to provide the best support to other forum members. There's no quid pro quo. And again, the fact that you feel this way just shows how selfless you are--wishing you could do more for others despite how much you're struggling. 

Dear @The-red-centaur ,

you are not being selfish, you are taking care of yourself.yousound very very sad.  Rest is healing, you need to rest, some mild exercise like walking and sit in the sunshine and let your body feel it’s healing warmth.

peri

Former-Member
Not applicable

I honestly wouldn't expect anyone to respond to posts just because they make their own.

I do relate to your feeling, though, because in the early days of my membership here, I was responding to a lot of posts in quite extensive detail and putting a lot of effort into it, but that has slipped in recent weeks. 

It's important to remember that it really depends on the post too. I find it difficult to respond to some things because I can't relate to the topic they're talking about or I don't really have anything insightful to say. It's kind of a specific skill in that regard.

It's OK.

Hi, Red Centaur.

Not sure how long you've been hearing voices - or even if that is your main issue (I'm new here). Have you ever heard of the Melissa Roberts Foundation? They have a fairly unique approach to dealing with voices. Look them up.

Also, here's a couple of short videos from Youtube that kind of encapsulate their approach:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRqI4lxuXAw

Also:  'The Voices in My Head' - Eleanor Longden (video) 

Also, don't feel bad about "taking, taking, taking". You've made me feel good because I might be giving you some small measure of support. I think that's what this forum's about.

Cheers.Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us