Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

CheerBear
Community Elder

I'm in a nest

I'm making a nest because I'm not feeling very ok and I would like to have a place to retreat to while I ride it out. Everything is chaotic all around and inside me almost all of the time, and I need some time out from it. If I make a nest here I can carry it in my pocket and know it's there for me.

In this nest it's very cosy. There's lots of soft pillows and blankets. Some are made with bright colours, mostly greens, pinks and yellows, and some are made in much deeper shades of purples. The nest is egg shaped so it can be climbed into it but still be a hiding out place. There's lots of fairy lights strung around the nest. They're different shapes and some are warm yellow, some are cool white and some are multi-coloured. They can be adjusted to vary the amount and type of light inside. There's also music which can sometimes be heard throughout the whole nest and sometimes it's playing from the headphones that are always kept on the pile of cushions. There's a lava lamp as well, and squishy glitter balls to squeeze and roll in hands. There are an endless supply of soft creatures to hold or sit with. There's always flowers in the corner and this morning they are gerberas standing tall and proud, on a little wooden table. Next to the vase is a teapot, colourful and quirky, with a collection of teacups and mugs.

Right now I am sitting in a pile of cushions very still with my knees to my chest, my head on my knees and my arms wrapped around my legs. There's no music at the moment so it is very quiet. Only a couple of strings of lights are turned on and they're twinkling yellow balls, so it's very dark but there's still some light inside. I have a soft blanket around me. It's peaceful in here.

I have to sit here until I can work out what to do next. I'm surrounded by people but I don't remember feeling so alone. I feel scared of making any move right now because I don't know what the right move is, and I don't trust any direction. I'm hoping that if I can hold out like this for just a little bit longer I will know what to do.

Right now I don't want to talk but I don't want to feel so alone either, so I'm asking for someone to please come and sit quietly next to me until I can move from my ball or I am made to move from it. I don't know when that will be, but I know I can't stay like this forever.
5,090 REPLIES 5,090
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: I'm in a nest

I'll sit with you @CheerBear 💟💕🐻
I don't feel like talking either, but I don't want to be alone. I understand.
We can just sit together and hope that this passes soon. 😙

That sounds perfect thank you @Former-Member 💗
Former-Member
Not applicable

😢😙💗💗💕👍👋 @CheerBear
Former-Member
Not applicable

Here with you @CheerBear
sitting quietly along side you.
lj

Hi @CheerBear, another person here to hang out with you quietly in the soft nest. Gentle hugs your way.

I am here sitting with you too @CheerBear. Sitting without talking is my favourite kind of sitting.

Here with you @CheerBear HeartHeart
sitting quietly along side you.

needs some pillows

chair.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

@CheerBear and everyone 😙💗💕
🍰🍵🍩🍵🍰🍩🍦🍧🍨
🍎🍇🍉🍐🍈🍏🍊🍒🍓🍍
🌷🌼🌺🌹🌻🌸
Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm still here with you @CheerBear 💟💕👋🍰
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us