Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Tw Not Coping

Thank you for sharing how you are feeling right now @Birdofparadise8 ❤️

Are you currently with anyone? I am glad to know that you are safe, but do you have any support systems around you at the moment?

No I don’t have anyone really I am at home with my parents but they don’t understand @amber22 

That's okay. Are you able to do something to try and distract your mind a bit? Maybe going for a walk or watching young sheldon? @Birdofparadise8 

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling great physically today @creative_writer Hopefully you can get an early night tonight and sleep better tonight. I often think the same when I go and speak to a psych or a counsellor, because I am naturally not a very open person, and always wonder if I should have shared more, but what you share in the moment is the right amount for you then are there and you shouldn't have to force more out of you. It will unravel with time!

I was going to have dinner the got for a walk and have a chat to my counselor at KHL @amber22 

That sounds like a great plan @Birdofparadise8 I am really glad that you're getting some support tonight

❤️

Where are you going for your walk tonight?

Just around a lake there is a nice path that looks over water. 

I think I’ve worried her a bit though I sent her this lengthy email about how I’m struggling and what’s going on and she said I really should contact tonight. I wanted to anyway so at least I’ll have someone to chat to for an hour at least @amber22 I just don’t like worrying people that’s all. 

Have you heard of the psych triage at st Vincent’s hospital at all? 

Oh that sounds lovely to walk along the water! @Birdofparadise8 

That's completely fine, remember that it is her job to worry about you and to make sure that you're okay, so if she feels as if you might need a chat then it's really good that she reaches out and says so! Plus you will be able to chat tonight and you can explain everything that you're feeling, and she will feel relieved that you did. 

Ooo no I haven't. I do know some people that work there but I don't know much about it!

Yeah it is nice @amber22 

I guess so I just don’t like it when people worry about me I don’t know why but I just don’t. I don’t want to burden people I guess. 

Probably didn’t help me sending her like an essay length of an email as well. 

Ah okay all good as I’ve been discharged from ACT here in tas I got in contact with a community center for MH support and then they got in contact the ACT to see what was up because from my lengthy email to her yesterday was completely different to the discharge summary. Then I called ACT and they said I just had to call at the hospital myself as they said they can’t send the letter to them. Then again I got miss information that I was going to receive the discharge summary from then and when I called today they said they are not allowed to give them out like seriously how is it so hard to send me a copy. I’ve been pretty disappointed with there non existent support. The lady then read out the summary to me and they said they had stabised me. got me on proper medication that they claim is working and helped me find support in Melbourne which the didn’t do any of. Let alone a proper risk assessment when I had last contact with them because if they new what was going on in my mind right now they probably wouldn’t have discharged me with my risk and all. Not like they helped anyway but that’s besides the point. 

So anyway I just hope this other hospital has a better service and doesn’t have such miss information and actually supports me and not leave me out on my own.

Sorry that was a bit long just venting I’m a bit frustrated with them. 

Oh by the way ACT meant Acute Care Team @amber22 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us