Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

One step forward, five steps back.

I had work tonight.

Yep... you heard that right. How many times have I started a post with that line? I had to go to work tonight; the first time I saw my ex since I found out that she had found someone new. (More than a month).

It hurt, I can't lie.

We saw each other and said hello, but we didn't speak to each other. I really wanted to, but I figured it would be best not to. I thought she would be surprised to see me, but it was as if she didn't realise I was gone.

I have another two nights in a row, in which we start and finish at the same time. I don't know if I can handle that.

That's the thing... I survived. It hurt, but I did it... SO WHAT?

Surviving just means you have to face another day.

I mentioned that there was a miscommunication between the two managers involved in my transfer, and that's why I couldn't leave.

In fact, that's not what happened. My manager didn't want to tell me the truth, probably because she thought it was unfair. The store manager told me... A [...] UNIFORM VIOLATION is the reason I didn't get the job.

One day, I came to work out of uniform; I wore a black shirt instead. The next day, I called in sick, and the other store's manager said that I didn't do much before I left... like yeah, THAT'S BECAUSE I WAS SICK.

I had an intake appointment planned with a psychologist, but they called in sick.

My University counselor and my doctor talked about how proud they were of me for making the appointment, and how they were excited to see what the outcome was. Unfortunately, they have to wait another three weeks 😅.

It's just really embarrassing... I was told I got the job. I thought I would never have to see her again unless it was accidental. Nearly five weeks later, here I am again.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: One step forward, five steps back.

I think you're showing a lot of resilience and bravery, @Former-Member by showing up even when things seem tough. Thanks for reaching out, we'll send you an email to check in with you. 

Re: One step forward, five steps back.

Mate good on you.

We don't have to hide ourselves away from our ex's

I found out mine had one before we even separated I got a call from his wife telling me that our others were having an affair.

I still see her in the street occasionally and I look at her and think how lucky I am not to stuck in a relationship with someone that doesn't want you but is too cowardly to leave.

sure it hurts that I wasted 20 years on her but so much better off without her

Be strong and be the better person that really irks them i make it a point not to talk to mine when we have to be in close proximity (family events) as it shows that i dont need her or her small talk.She lied back then why is now any different.

I klnow she misses me my kids tell me but you make the bed you lye in it.

You will get over them and when you find someone else youll be thinking what the fuss was about .it took me 3 years before i met the lady im with now and she is caring and understanding and i wish i met her 40 years ago and you will feel the same again 

best of luck

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us