Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Scared of medications

Is anyone else scared of their medications? I am currently on an injection that I have to have once a month and I had it yesterday and I was really scared to have it and then it hurt and made me feel quite sick afterwards and I really don't want to have it again and I am just really scared of it like I kind of want to cry because i just want it out of me but i cant get it out and i keep thinking what if it is really poison and the doctors are trying to hurt me like the voices have been saying? like how do i not have it in me. the tablets at least if i was scared i could not have them but now with this i cant not have it and it is causing me anxiety. I tried talking to the doctors about it but they just said i need to give it more time and that eventually it should make me less scared but i am not sure that i can trust them so i am still scared about it. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Scared of medications

@Eden1919  hugs and hugs Eden1919 I have been threatened with injections and that is what keeps me taking the pills. I dont know what the answer is hunny. I hear you. Love peaxxx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @greenpea & @Eden1919,

Do Drs really make your med injections if you don't take them cause babydragon has been on 9 different meds over the last 2 years because she stops taking them because she doesn't like the way it makes her feel granted 2 of them she stopped for legitimate reasons 1 gave her headaches and the other one reduces chances of falling pregnant although most do say not to take if pregnant or trying. But the longest we've been on a medication is 6months. We are really afraid of needles so injections wouldn't work for us can they really force that on you.

(Harmony and Chloe 《co-fronting》)

@Former-Member @Eden1919  my doctor has said I would be forceably hospitalised and given injections because I am a danger to myself and others.....

Former-Member
Not applicable

I have to have spine injections every 2nd month. I have no local anesthetic because they have to target the nerves and when they get them don't you know it.

I absolutely hate these injections and to be honest I could probably live without them but I try and look on the brighter side (i know a man who doesn't want to be among us anymore)looking on the bright side but they do ease my pain a little.

So maybe a little anxiety or pain for a longer-term gain.

Best of luck 

@greenpea  Thanks, I am sorry your dr has threatened you with that it must scare you. 

@Former-Member  Well hopefully they help but they said it could take months before we know if it does or not. 

@Former-Member  Hi, yes legally I am required to have the injections and if I don’t they can take me back to hospital and physically force me to have them. I have been physically held down and given injections quite a number of times in the past. It is not nice but they can do it. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us