Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Strange physical symptoms - internal burning sensation

@Meowmy we do live in a world of potential threats and stressors. I think our minds find all of these throughout each day. I've found with my anxiety or depression that there's always key factors which trigger the episode off. Quite often it involved thinking/perceiving I'd be faced/confronted with potential threats/stressors... all based around fear basically... or I would be doing something which was going against the grain...

Hi @outlander ,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you - busy with appts. 

Sometimes its scary not knowing if what im experiencing is 'normal' for anxiety, especially in light of my previously mentioned concern of other potential causes. But its good to know that other ppl have experienced similar things too, and that your experience with symptoms were constant, as mine are. Saw new pdoc today, starting on new med tonight so am really really hoping it works bcoz wev not yet found the right long term med to deal with the anxiety. So hope this is the one! 

I understand about waking up from sleep in the night too. Before i was on the sleeping med i would wake up in the middle of flight or fight response, sometines i would have lept out of bed before i even knew what was happening. Scary! Im glad things are better for you than what they were. 

Yes i also need to discover strategies and work out which ones help me the most. Saw ot today, she showed me deep breathing exercise, talked about importance of sleep hygiene etc. Will also be going to psychologist soon - have never really found psychologists beneficial in the past but hoping this time will be different. Maybe it was partly me, that i just wasnt ready to put the work in. Hopefully it will be more beneficial this time round. 

Thanks for your reply @outlander . I hope things continue to improve for you.

Best wishes,

Doglover

Ps:  Sorry for all the abbrev's, only have internet on my phone and takes ages! Not to mention every time i go to fix a typo it goes to a completely different spot, or posts the message! Hence why im editing this! Grrr!

Hi @eudemonism @Meowmy 

I have that problem as well. Over the last few months ive really seen the role that fear has played in my life, and how i practice avoidance as a way of trying to avoid the anxiety. I guess you would call them phobias - that somehow need to be dealt with. Unfortunately as well as that, i have constant anxiety symptoms including these horrible physical sensations that just never let up! Starting new anxiety med tonight so hopefully that will help. It seems finding the right med/s can b challenging for many!

Best wishes to you in your continued recovery.

hi @Doglover sorry i missed this post! how have you been? how have you gone managing your symptoms?

@Meowmy thinking of you and your challanges too

Hi @outlander,
Its been a very tough few days. Took the new med tues and weds night and it made my head go crazy! Like super super stimulated. Weds/thurs my symptoms were even worse than normal. Very difficult to handle! Only took the med 2 nights. Pdoc probably not going to be happy. They keep telling me i have to perservere - how can you perservere with a med when you feel like your going out of your mind! Its just not practical! So back to the drawing board! 😕
Have you had those type of experiences?

@outlander @Thanks for care and support. Hope you are going well. Not easy. I am feeling a bit sad and unsure this morning. Just sitting deep breathing, hoping mind will get clearer. Mum is stable for a few days. Don’t know how long I will have her for. Reality is harsh. Feel a bit unsure and sad. Wish you a good day. Hope it will turn out ok for me too.

how are you today @Meowmy , @Doglover 

Hello @outlander , @eudemonism , @Appleblossom 

yeah definently let them know if the side effects are to unbearable @Doglover

i have had that sort of experience but have had some pretty horrid side effects when starting medications

hugs @Meowmy

Hi @outlander ,

Has it just bn when u started meds? Did u perservere and if so did the effects go away? Or did you stop taking med?

Im sorry you are going through a difficult time @Meowmy . I hope you are getting lots of support, both here and in the 'real world'. 

@Shaz51 @eudemonism @Appleblossom 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us