Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: coping with "psychosis"

I I feel for you @Eden1919, I remember what it was like being in a totally new environment and being really unsettled. It sends already heightened awareness into overdrive. I know this may seem foolish but I’ve recently started meditating and although it doesn’t get rid of voices or icky hyperaware feelings, I can visualise going somewhere else for a short while. I usually visualise a nice beach somewhere.

Psychosis can really be sucky at times.

@Queenie  Yeah sometimes I can meditate other times I just can’t. It really does suck. I am having trouble with everything now and idk what is left to do oh well I guess this is just going to be my life. 

How are you going Eden?
I have found reading some of these articles helpful and contacted the writer:
https://research.monash.edu/en/persons/jayashri-kulkarni/publications/
I got late onset psychosis with perimenopause. She has helped a lot with the symptoms so far and I have a SKYPE session with her this week.
There is only one psychiatrist in Australia working in the field of mental health and hormones that I know of. No-one else seems to know about it.

Best wishes

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us