Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // Does the label 'Carers' make you feel uncomfortable // Tues 27 March, 7pm AEDT

Carers Topic Tuesday banner.png

For some, the term 'carer' can feel uncomfortable - they are a mother, husband, friend or sibling, whose loved one happens to have a mental illness.

For others, the term 'carer' resonates with them

How does the label of 'carer' sit with you?

Join us from 7pm AEDT to share your opinion.

Want an email reminder on the night? Hit the 'Like' button below.

67 REPLIES 67

Re: Topic Tuesday // Does the label 'Carers' make you feel uncomfortable // Tues 27 March, 7pm AEDT

Hi everyone,

& A big hi to those who wanted a reminder about tonight -  @SandraTucker @Shaz51 @Mary5 @outlander @roses1 @Mazarita @Maryanne11 @Determined @Melj8 @Former-Member @Adge 

Welcome to Topic Tuesday!

Tonight we are having a community discussion about the term 'carer' - do you love it, do you hate it.... or have never really considered it.

To kick off tonight, I'm interested to hear what brings you here tonight Smiley Happy

Re: Topic Tuesday // Does the label 'Carers' make you feel uncomfortable // Tues 27 March, 7pm AEDT

Hello @NikNik et al
Here because I care for my husband.

Hello,

My caring role has been long term for a parent.

Hello @NikNik 

I care for my husband and My Mum Smiley Happy

A big hello to you @Shaz51 @Henry & @Former-Member 🙂

I was put into the carer role when I was very young - for the entire family, but mostly caring for my Mum, & filling-in for her being a parent (from as young as 10).

Most recently, I work as a carer.

Personally I much preferred the term Carer, because it's more emotionally descriptive.

adge

Thanks for dropping in @Adge - it sounds like you're in a caring role is many aspects of your life.

So you prefer 'Carer' - what about others - how does the term 'carer' as a title resonate?

Hi @NikNik + everyone

Looking forward to everyones thoughts tonight,
I care for my wife but often sensitive as to her thoughts around this.

Welcome @Determined it's nice to 'see' you
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us