Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // OCD from an insiders perspective // 1 Aug, 7pm AEST

Carers Topic Tuesday banner.png

This Topic Tuesday we are fortunate enough to have SANE Australia Speaker Tim join us.

During this session Tim will share his experiences of living with OCD and give you insight into what your loved one may be faced with.

Join us from 7pm AEST to ask questions, get information and gain insight into OCD.

Four things you can do now

1) Hit the 'Like' button below to get an email reminder on the night

2) Read what those with OCD wish you knew.

3) Learn more about OCD

4) Can't make the session? Leave your question below for us to answer on the night!

83 REPLIES 83

Re: Topic Tuesday // OCD from an insiders perspective // 1 Aug, 7pm AEST

I have suffered from OCD for most of my life. So much about it is unknown. Popular culture shows only a quirky almost quaint style of ocd thaf doesn't show the full complexity and variety of this at times horrific disorder. I am looking forward to this discussion. Happy to add my experience to it as well.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

A big welcome to @Former-Member @patientpatient @Katie0024 @Former-Member @Charliex @Shaz51 @AndrewC @MishNT @kerrys

In this session we are exploring different aspects of OCD - ranging from what OCD itself means and the impact it has, treatment, strategies and the role of family and friends.

Tonight we are fortunate to have @Tim_H join us, who will be sharing his own lived experience of OCD, so you can get an insiders perspective of the condition.

Feel free to ask questions or share your own experience!

I will post some talking points every 10mins or so, so keep an eye out and get involved Smiley Happy

To kick off - I'm going to hand over to Tim to introduce himself and share abit about his experience.

Hope we see you around tonight @Ngunjima

so, i am online now, but i dont know if i should just be waiting for everyone else to join, or has the session already started and i am on the wrong page ... ? this is my first time 🙂

I'm Here!

I think so! first time for me too

Thanks NikNik,

I'm very pleased to be taking part in this very important discussion tonight around OCD. As somebody who has suffered with the disorder since the age of 7 I've gained quite a bit of insight, so I look forward to sharing my experience in more detail as we go along.

Over the last 5 years as a speaker with SANE I've come to know people's idea of what the term OCD actually means is varied, with many not understanding the serious and debilitating nature of the condition.

Hi @Ngunjima @kerrys You're both here 🙂

All you need to do is keep refreshing the page and if there are new posts, they will be shown at the bottom. Once there are 10 posts, a new page starts, so just keep an eye at the bottom right for page numbers 🙂

Hi, I have three (possibly 4, but too early to tell) people with OCD in my family. I feel like it is completely ruling my life. I look forward to this event.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us