Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Strategies for coping during the holiday season // Tuesday 21st December, 7:00- 8:30PM AEDT

I have noticed many of our calls currently are related to loneliness, grief, social anxiety, family & conflict, addiction, and financial stress.

Re: Topic Tuesday // Strategies for coping during the holiday season // Tuesday 21st December, 7:00- 8:30PM AEDT

@Rhye @pisces_1  it's definitely a tough time for many. I know for myself, I tend to experience loneliness and grief around this time of year. I'm wondering what grief looks like for you @Lani?

Welcome to Topic Tuesday @Emelia8 & @Anastasia Smiley Happy Great to see you here this evening and looking forward to you sharing your experiences with the community around strategies for coping during the Christmas period 🎄

Hi @cloudcore @Rhye @pisces_1 @Lani  - feeling overwhelmed with the festive. 

Hi @cloudcore @Rhye @pisces_1 @Lani !

Thanks for the tag! 

In the past, I really struggled at this time of year. My brain couldn't comprehend why everyone kept saying 'Merry Christmas' and 'Happy New Year' - I was neither merry nor happy. 

Upon reflection, I believe it was isolation which triggered it. Without the routine work/studies/commitments, I struggled tremendously. 

It wasn't a pleasant time at all. If anything, I grieved the loss of years due to my severe depression. It seemed to have eaten away my teenage hood and early adult hood. I was angry.

It's not living, it's existing. It's loss of life for me. I'm not the person I was 6 weeks ago. My mum passed way 6 weeks ago today. I'm feeling lonely even though I have lots of people around but I don't have my mum. My life stopped 6 weeks ago

Oh @Lani ,

My sincere condolences. It sounds so understandably difficult at this time.

i really admire you for being able to reach out at this time. It takes a lot of courage.

Hugs,

BPDSurvivor

Good evening

Hi @Fluttershy1, it can definitely be an overwhelming time, here with you Heart

@cloudcore - it triggers me a lot at this time of year. I just wanna cry or I will disassociate

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us