Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // What peer support is and why it's great // Tues 11th May, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

hello @HappyCastle Smiley Very Happy

Re: Topic Tuesday // What peer support is and why it's great // Tues 11th May, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

Hey @Shaz51! So great to have you here 😊

Hello. I won't be able to join after all which is a bit disappointing. I hope this peer session is held again. 

@Luckymoo@Smc , that is ok , we understand and you are welcome to have a read later when you can xx

I might introduce myself too 🙂 My name is Daisydreamer and my background is in peer support work. I started as a peer support worker (previously known as consumer consultants) in public mental health and community managed organisations 7 years ago, before making the jump to online peer support services such as ReachOut and now SANE 🙂 

Having worked with @HappyCastle and @Former-Member for the last few months, I am excited to learn from their experiences as we explore this important topic tonight! 

Hi everyone.

Sounds like a Good/ Interesting Topic - That I'm especially interested in.

Adge

Hey @Luckymoo, that's unfortunate- you'll be able to come back and read the whole conversation at a time that suits you, though, by coming back to this thread 😊

Also, if you're interested, the SANE Peer Support Team holds online peer group chats each fortnight - you can have a look at more info here! Smiley Happy

Hi @Smc and @Luckymoo

Completely understand- this discussion will stay up on the forums so you can come back and revisit it when you have some time

Hi @Adge! Great to see you here 😊

Let's get started with our first questions!

@HappyCastle Question 1: What is peer support and why is it important?

And for our community, have you heard of peer support? And if so what words come to mind when you think about peer support?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us