Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Claud101
New Contributor

How to support my husband

My husband hears voices he has been for two years. But the last few months he has stopped taking his medication. I don't know what to do. He believes these voices are real! He talks to them! He tells his doctors that he is taking his medication but I don't think he is. He tells me he is but I don't believe it. I'm hopeless! Not sure how to tackle this!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to support my husband

It's not the end of the world if your husband has AH's.

Admittedly, I haven't had those symptoms in a couple of years. But I was out in public when they first started. Of course it does freak you out, if you know you are in psychosis, which at times I did, especially at the start, and the end, on the fringes I did, but the centre was really scary.

The first thing you have to do is have a Psychiatric examination, which it sounds like he has. Medication adherence is very very hard....I have been there for years and years with my mother out in regional NSW with no psychiatrist, very very socially isolated.......do you have Enduring Guardianship for your husband?  Best, Corny

Re: How to support my husband

What is enduring partnership?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us