Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Crista
New Contributor

Returning to work

Hi there,

In limbo after being injured at work by bullying from my boss. After suffering a life threatening illness, she decided to block me from returning to work. I’m a teacher and have lost my sense of identity. Feeling traumatised from medical issues but also her lack of humanity.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Returning to work

Hey @Crista, welcome to the forums!

I'm so sorry to hear of what you've been through with your boss and at work, that is absolutely horrible! Teachers are already so overworked and undervalued in my belief, its sad to hear we've lost another good one like this.

Have you got some supports in place for yourself? Friends, family, former co-workers, professionals etc? To help you navigate this situation. 

I'm glad you're here, I hope you find these forums a supportive and welcoming space 💜

Hey there @Crista ,

I'm totally hearing you. That has happened to be in the past. Because of medical reasons, the school principal told me that people had to get on with their jobs and told me not to talk to people about what was going on. 

I felt dehumanised....

Would you consider taking this up with your state or territory worksafe?

Adding to this, from what I know, at the moment, teachers are in high demand... could this potentially be a blessing in disguise and an opportunity to step out to another school? Only a thought.. 

Of course I don't know your entire situation.

Yet I'm hearing you. Please know you are not alone.

Hi @Crista 

Firstly welcome to the forum and am so glad that you have found your way here.  I was shocked by the actions of your principal, especially in this day n age.  If you have the strength, I would have it out with them or take it up with a higher authority, so that the principal can explain themselves.

Are you going back to the same work, if you are, after what you have been through, it shows everyone what a fighter you are, and the grit and belief you have in yourself.  You should be proud of yourself in your recovery, I know that I am for one. 🙂

Hi @Crista ,

How are you going?

Has there been any changes since we last spoke?

Hope you are okay. Please know we are thinking of you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us