Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events and Updates

Re: Latest responsive update - feedback and queries

Hi again, @s-jay, @Former-Member,

Just letting you know that, even after this latest update, I am also still having the same tech issue that @CheerBear mentioned earlier in her most recent post with the screen shots.

When I view the profile pages of other members, I see all their most recent posts to the forum, as it should be.

But when I view my own profile page, I instead see the most recent posts by other members to discussion threads I have previously posted to. What I should be seeing is my own most recent posts. Like @CheerBear, I have used this feature (when it was working properly) to help keep track of where I am with my own contributions to the forum. This is now not possible.

I hope it's clear what I am talking about. In case of doubt, I again refer back to @CheerBear's most recent post here, which has screenshots.

Thanks, Maz

Hi @Mazarita and @BlueBay - thanks for your feedback about 'Latest Posts' and 'Latest Discussions'. We love how much you care about the forums and think everything through.

Regarding the issue you and @CheerBear are having Maz - we;ve got the tech team looking into it and we'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

Hi @s-jay, @Former-Member, @Mazarita@BlueBay@CheerBear

I agree with Cheerbear and Maz on our own profile page. I find them useful too and would like to see my latest posts in order too. 

Maz I agree with 90% of what you wrote about the discussions and posts. I think it would also be nice to see the latest posts pre loaded too but I differ in opinion on which one should be top. I think that the latest discussions on top encourages newer members to join in. I know personally I’ve read them more since the new format. I think that sometimes when you see the latest posts it could feel a little exclusive as often the same members are highlighted. This works really effectively for our community once you feel connected but I’d imagine sometimes a bit daunting for newer members to get confidence posting......even though I know we are a welcoming and always evolving lot 😊. It’s just my opinion and I could well be wrong in my summation. 

pS @Former-Member, @s-jay the forum feels a bit more like 'home' with the latest changes 💜😊

Thanks @Teej! Aw, that means a lot!

We're definitely looking into the profile page issue and will come back to you all.

And yes you have really highlighted the tricky job we have have of weighing up the feedback from regulars and new members and trying to get the best for everyone. It's tricky... The latest posts can be really confusing for new members who are not used to the forums yet, which is why we put it under the latest discussions.... It's a balance...

Hi @Teej, you make a very good point in what you say about prioritising the 'latest discussions' box.

So, I think we are in agreement now in asking for both 'latest discussions' and 'latest posts' to be in open boxes on the main page of the 'Lived Experience' forum, with 'latest discussions' at the top, and 'latest posts' underneath.

I think the new version of the site would be just about ideal, if these changes could be made, along with fixing the issue when looking at our own profile pages. 🙂

@s-jay, @Former-Member, @CheerBear, @BlueBay, @TheVorticon, and anyone else interested in this discussion. 🙂

Snap, @s-jay, we posted at about the same time. Thanks again for engaging with us on this. Hope your day goes well while considering our thoughts. Cheers. 🙂

Thanks for the response @Mazarita. 😊 (it was always ok if you disagreed with me too, I’m getting better at being 'wwwwrrrrong’ 😜

i agree with the forum being pretty close to ideal with a few minor fixes. 😊

And then there is the wish list item for @CheerBear and I with getting the albums working a little more smoothly but that’s only when @Former-Member, @s-jay and tech team can breathe again 😊

Can I ask - when you’re in the notification part do you have to go back to the forum page? You can’t go to latest posts straight from notifications??

Is that right @Mazarita@Former-Member@s-jay@Teej

Yes we did @Mazarita! Snap! 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us