Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Your feedback needed: Updating our forum categories

Thank you @Glisten - do you have any views about trauma and grief (or loss) discussions being in the same area?

@espressologic  my view about trauma and grief (or loss) discussions being in the same area is that it is logical to group them together.

I appreciate your time, follow up and look forward to seeing the forum transition.

with gratitude and respect.

G

I find there are 2 many areas currently and not sure which is best place to post at times especially when wanting or needing to talk about something and looking for support or help.

i feel it is important that post by everyone is read and responded to on equal playing field.  Being responded to in order of being posted regardless of the topic of the posts etc.  we are all here on the forums due to our MH health conditions and believe all posts be treated with equal importance.

I agree with @Glisten that area for discussions relating to trauma, grief and loss be in the one area together.  For a lot of people these areas overlap and are intertwined.

as someone who has been a Carer, I feel there is not enough information about the forums for carers to know it exists.  Agree there can be overlapping when both carer and person being cared for have MH issues.  Feel carers, at least, need separate area for them to vent etc or to chat to other carers.  To have only one place for everyone to have general chats in could cause carers to feel they can’t openly talk due to there being possibility that person they care for to be able to read what they have written in the forum.  Even with everything being anonymous, there is always the possibility and risk that the care recipient will work out the discussion is about them.

my thoughts @espressologic 

@espressologic   Scenario - person a dealing with toxic relationship or in relationship where other person is high needs.  Either situation emotionally and mentally draining for person a.  Person a mainly wanting to talk, be heard, get some support etc.  under which new forum category would person a post?

life throws curveballs which can leave people unsure who to trust out side the forums.  Times where people want to talk to help ease worries, concerns etc that are on their mind … to be heard, receive empathy/encouragement etc.  

Good question @Patches59 👍🏼

@Patches59 wrote:

@espressologic   Scenario - person a dealing with toxic relationship or in relationship where other person is high needs.  Either situation emotionally and mentally draining for person a.  Person a mainly wanting to talk, be heard, get some support etc.  under which new forum category would person a post?

life throws curveballs which can leave people unsure who to trust out side the forums.  Times where people want to talk to help ease worries, concerns etc that are on their mind … to be heard, receive empathy/encouragement etc.  

A thread like this would seem to best fit

Managing relationships: Discuss issues and seek advice related to family, friendships, romantic relationships, and other interpersonal connections. Share your experiences and get support for relationship challenges.

Re: your first comment about a Carers area, it is already possible in the current set-up for non-carers to read these posts.  Do you think there would be value in having a private Carers forum, similar to the Yarning Space idea that we have been trialling? 

@espressologic  That is also a good question.

@Patches59  When considering the anonymity and monitoring on the Forum threads what is the likelihood that issues or scenarios will be identifiable? Is that what you are asking?

G

Do you think there would be value in having a private Carers forum, similar to the Yarning Space idea that we have been trialling? --   very good question @espressologic 

I think it would be good 

what do you think @Healandlove , @Krishna , @Determined , @outlander , @Pem , @tyme , @Tootsy 

@Shaz51 , yes I think that would be fantastic!🥰

@Glisten  I wasn’t asking a question about the forums being anonymous and possibility of things being identified.  Was sharing my concerns.

@espressologic  private area for Carers sounds a great idea 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us