Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I'm in a nest

I think I do too @Mazarita and I'm seeing it more lately too. This was going to be beachy colours but I don't have enough shades so it's rainbow cheerbear style many colours. I'm looking forward to finishing it and adding it to the creativity that's happening on Turtle Island.

Glad to hear you got out for a walk on the beach. I feel happy thinking of you on your beach walks. Hope your project is coming along a little easier today.

I have to go and do the Sunday night thing that I have no energy for and don't feel up to in the least 😞 but I will because I have to. And then I think I'll sit back in the nest and colour my picture tonight.

Thank you for helping me perk up a little. I feel a tiny bit less like it's too hard to get up now. I really appreciate your company, thank you.

@CheerBearSo what are you leaning towards now? and are you feeling a little calmer now you have decided to maybe utilise catt?

(I just found this thread.)

I'm not sure @Spookytookims and I'm not sure they're going to call now, even though they said they would yesterday. I am not going to be ok to stay like this for too long especially if things around me get much worse. I've crashed very badly. So I'm hoping at the very least to see someone re meds. And tell them I need a break. It's getting a bit too hard. Speaking of, I have chaos around me again so I have to go for a while. This sucks Spooky 😞

yeah it sucks...  I'm so sorry.  @CheerBear 

BearHuggy.png

@CheerBear, thanks for your company too. You are always lovely to hang out with. Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @CheerBear. Sorry I wasn't here earlier. Had myself in a muddle too. I kind of wanted to touch base with my experiences of a community health team. Hopefully to ease your mind a bit. I'll start with the bad. I've had a run of register psychiatrists who never got me and made things worse when I did but part of that was my fault too. I struggle talking to males vulnerably and I put on masks and overreacted and other stuff. I now have a female psychiatrist that I think will work. I had access to a psychologist who was lovely and worked with her for 15 months. I've had s few care coordinators too. The first one was very officious and not much on the caring end but did things to help me out like organise a gardener so I could get through a housing inspection. Helped with centrelink stuff. The last CC was great and helped me when in crisis. She was kind but pushed me a bit and was good for me but it took me ages to get used to her. I now have a new one who is an OT. It's a he and I've struggled but he is kind and very patient. Most of the people I've dealt with have been good but there has been some horrors too when I've had to contact the duty officer in the past. Long story short they have treated me well then badly (long story) and now well again. So my take is I've been better to have the support than not. I've also had access to the short stay mental health ward in the local hospital that is really just respite. It's not like the psych wards and I've always been voluntary. Part of this respite was when I haven't coped so well with my kids and needed a break. It's 3 nights respite in a hospital bed with hospital food and freedom to do what I like as in go out, for walks etc. For me that has meant someone to talk to and sort through my issues too. I never call them in crisis anymore because it doesn't work out so well. However I need/like the programs I am linked in with. I will start DBT again in July and I know I'm lucky to get in and it's because I'm linked in. Also it helps when I'm admitted to hospital because they have records. The only time they've sent an ambulance was when I've SH although I think my old psychologist had a welfare check done once or twice too. I'm not sure if this helps but I just wanted you to know that not all experiences are bad. I think if you can talk through things calmly and they know you are linked in with a psychologist they may just offer you a psychiatrist (one half hour visit every 6 weeks or more) and a social worker you access when needed. I don't think I'm in the same state as you but that's how it works here.
Thinking of you. I was in your nest this morning but you couldn't see me.
Wishing you all the best. 💜🤗
Former-Member
Not applicable

Omg I wrote that in one paragraph no breathing space at al. So sorry. 

I've spoken with the same really gentle catt person. I told her I think I need some help and have agreed to go in tomorrow for an assessment. I think I needed some time to calm down after the shock on Friday. I have a really bad headache and my tummy hurts, which feels very much like gastritis I've had in the past when hit with a mega dose of stress. I'm so scared of it all, and so scared this is going to end up very bad, but I know there's also no coming back from where I'm heading if I leave it too much longer. I'm shattered and feel really yuck so as soon as I have quiet here I'm bringing my pencils to the nest and I'll see the night through knowing I'm safe and cosy in my hiding spot where no-one or nothing scary lurks around.

Thank you @Former-Member for sharing your experience so openly with me, and for also being in the nest. I felt you there even though I couldn't see you. It helped to have read your not all awful story just before she called.

Thanks again for sitting here today everyone

It was perfect the way it was @Former-Member 💛
Former-Member
Not applicable

Im glad it helped @CheerBear and I'm really proud of you for dealing with it the way you have, but most of all recognising you need help and following through. That's a massive achievement there. I know it won't be easy but hopefully there will be some good come out of it for you. 

Sending loads of hugs your way 💜🤗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us