Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: not coping

That certainly is a lot of donations @outlander 

Have you got a lot still to do with the house?

i still have sooooo much to do in the house @Snowie i know theres progress being made with every tip or donation run but sometimes it really doesnt feel like it at all.

ive got a household clean up booked and i already have 40 bags plus some furniture to put out to be collected. itll save me a couple of tip runs at least.

Just room by room hon @outlander You are getting there. Look how far you have come from when you begun.

Thats good if you don't have to go to the tip. They are so expensive these days too.

its very slow but getting there @Snowie i honestly cant believe how much is coming out of the house though. so much rubbish or stuff thats been hoarded.

in my area i get 2 house hold cleanups a year. ive already used one though so i only have one left till july. so all of july ill have to take stuff to the tip or fill the trailor up with the bigger bags like im doing now until im able to get some more free pick ups. i may be able to see if mum is eligible for a few cleanups and use her house address

Thats good about the free household clean ups @outlander 

We get 2 trips to the tip for free per year but that's it. 

Might be a good idea if you can use your mums address, especially if she's not using them.

I's amazing the things that come out of a house, especially if they are into collecting things. I am dreading cleaning up my MIL house when she passes. She is a hoarder.

Oh we don’t get the 2 tip runs only the household cleanups but they usually restrict how much they’ll take. It’s only suppose to be a standard size trailer load but I’m going to put it all out anyway and whatever they don’t take I’ll take to the tip myself. I’ll just be glad to have half of it taken.

Grandparents have lived in the house for over 30 years here so that’s plenty of time to hoard things that’s for sure

They do seem like they did a good job of hoarding @outlander especially when they live in the same house for so long.

very true @Snowie
i got abit more cleaning done and have managed to clean out a small cupboard to give away now so one less thing out of the house soon. means more rubbish and more donations though!

Well hopefully you can have some down time tonight @outlander 

Maybe a movie or an early night to bed.

ive got the tv on now @Snowie and just made some dinner
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us