Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Your feedback needed: Updating our forum categories

Hey everyone, just popping in to encourage us all to bring focus back to the original purpose of this thread. 

We recognise people have different experiences and opinions and that’s okay. We will be going through everyone’s posts.

Would it be okay if we continue to focus on the original post from espressologic?

We will check in via email to provide some support @Zoe7 @Former-Member 

@Shaz51 @Birdofparadise8 💜

OK will do @Jynx 

@espressologic @Birdofparadise8 @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Jynx @Zoe7 

I am trying to work out where general conversation would fit in? I don't have many friends and rely on chatting with people on the Sane forum, some of whom I have grown very close to. I'm not sure the new format would cater to me checking in and seeing how fellow members are going.

I'm sure most of you know that @Birdofparadise8 and I chat frequently, discussing our day and sorting through issues as well as offering support to each other. Will this still be accommodated?

I don't know that I would continue to use the forum if this general chat that is currently under Not Coping were no longer available. 

If I have completely misconstrued the new format please accept my apologies.

Most times I come here not for help but to vent and talk to others who experience the same problems and who have become friends in a way.

Thanks y'all, much love 💐💕

That's exactly how I feel @ENKELI 

I worry that the new format won't allow us to have the lengthy conversation we have been able to have in the thread I made. 

You would leave?

@Birdofparadise8 , @ENKELI 

My friends it is only a suggestion at the moment 

It is good that you have brought your worry here for @espressologic to read and go from there 

I agree with you that the existing threads should stay the same xxx 

@Birdofparadise8 if there were guidelines that meant we couldn't have a general chat outlet I'm not sure if the forum would cater to my needs. 

I'm mostly here to check in with you and the other members I've formed a connection with, and for what might be the only conversation I may have for an entire day. On weekends when I am home alone the forum is my only company.

I would probably feel even more isolated and lonely.

I don't want to lose anyone from my Sane family 😥🙏💙

I feel the same way, but I don't want to lose you. I'm now crying. @ENKELI. You know how much you mean to me. I'm sorry. 

Why does this have to happen? Why can't things stay the same? So many people are getting hurt by this. @espressologic 

@Shaz51 thanks for clarifying. 

I do understand that long threads can cause loading problems, and new users may be confused. In my experience if someone comes in late to a conversation users are more than happy to catch the newbie up. 

I'll stop fretting now 🥰

@ENKELI @Shaz51 @Birdofparadise8 

I will let @espressologic answer more fully, but I do just want to say that I don't think there is any intention of limiting or removing anyone's opportunity for social connection. We really value the importance and power of connection and know that it is quite a fundamental reason that many of our members are accessing the forums. The goal is not to restrict, but to streamline, increase accessibility, and provide better opportunities for newer members to join the conversation too. 

As @Shaz51 mentioned, this thread is our way of feeling the waters and ensuring that any changes are made for, and led by, the community. Thanks for sharing your concerns folks 💜

Sorry, I just got a bit distressed when I thought @ENKELI might leave if these new categories are put in place @Jynx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Talk to us today

For more information, contact us on 1300 779 270 or make an enquiry now.

Contact us